{ENGINE} Motor mount question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

{ENGINE} Motor mount question

I ordered mounts for the 86 Town Car. I took one out and looked and its a lot different than the mounts that came on the 88 Mark 7 HO. The HO mounts bolt to the engine in 2 places and has a bigass stud sticking out of the bottom of the mount that goes through the frame on the car. The TC mounts appear to attach to the engine in 3 places and it uses a pin through the center of the mount. I didn't get the chance to look at the engine or my car, but which mount do I need to use here? If its the 3 bolt 86 TC style mount, does the engine have holes to bolt it up or does the rubber part bolt on the frame of the car ? I haven't removed the engine from the TC yet, so I have no idea what type of mounts it takes or what it looks like down there. Its snowing outside and I dont feel like messing with it at night in the snow.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Use Towncar motor mounts.

The Mark7/LSC mounts WILL NOT work, because it is a fox chassis...
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

you need to use the towncar engine mounts........and they are a pita to get the 3 bolts out........use some swivel socket, it makes life easier lol. also support the car by the frame so the control arms hang, making access to the mountbolts more pleasant
      good luck
      scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Cool. Thanks Scott. I assume it has a center pin type bolt arrangement like a Chevy does? If thats the case, I'll just pull that to get the motor out, then use the impact gun to change the mounts. Mine aren't bad, but I figure if I'm installing a new engine, I might as well replace the mounts.
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Absolutely.

a 302 is a 302...a 351W or 351C will use the mounts too.

Comment

I swear this place kicks ass. Whenever I have oddball "can this be made to fit" questions, y'all have the answers. I keep asking all this dumb shit because I've never owned or worked on a Ford before. I do boat engines, and about 95% are Chevy. GM engines have a 3 bolt mount on the block in a similar pattern to the mounts for the TC, which is why I wasn't sure since the Mark 7 mounts had 2 bolts. Thanks again

Comment

No prob. These are easy questions.

Now if you were talking about a 460 swap, that would be a different story, lol...

Comment

Working...
              X