No Cats With Glass Packs..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Cats With Glass Packs..

Once again '99 Crown Vic Police interceptor. Okay i found someone to do my exhaust! I bought these 02 sensor simulators he's going to install those along with gutting my 2 cats that are bad by the headers but there still is going to be the back 2 cats not gutted. Also he's going to install flowtech redhots glasspacks. Do you think it would sound okay? Gain pickup and performace? Once i installed my 22 inch rims my acceleration went out the window! Also where can i get the police chip they took mine out! CHECK MY LINK OUT!!!! TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!!!!

THANKS,
    JAY

MY P71....

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2607279
    1999 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor
    Dual Exhaust Gutted Cats with Glasspacks
    JDM Black Headlights convertered to a HID KIT 10000K
    Remote start Alarm
    22 inch wheels by Incubus on 265/35's
    Flip Out in Dash DVD player
    2 Audiobahn 12's with a 2600watt amp
    Honeycomb '07 Police Grille
    15% Tint

Police chip? I got no idea about that...

If you'd like to gain some performance, you could computer tune it with an SCT Xcal2, they run about $400 I believe.

The exhaust should sound good, but I wouldn't count on a lot of improved performance, unless your cats are badly clogged. Factory dual exhaust is pretty good to start with.

You may think about changing your rear end gears to a lower (numerically higher) ratio, to get back some of that lost acceleration.

A good power and performance upgrade would be the PI (Performance Improved) heads and intake.

Disclaimer:
    I may be wrong about some/all of this stuff, and I'm sure someone will correct me if I am.

Comment

I would maybe go with a actual chambered muffler. I have glasspacks on my car right now and they sound good but with any of the cats gutted or taken off I think they would sound pretty damn choppy. Gutting the cats will help with performance.

You should put some lower gears in that thing to make it up performace wise to what it use to be.

I do love those wheels man, great choice. I like 20's best but that style 22's don't look that bad on it.
      2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Yea, that will sound badass on the car. I'd get echo chambers though too, in all honesty. That way it won't sound choppy. Really enhances the tone if you have glasspacks.

You can see in my sig. that I've got a set on mine... any muffler shop carries them, about $25 apiece. Worth it.

Like those wheels too... looks classy.
        1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
        1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
        1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

I vote for chambered mufflers as I've never heard anything with glasspacks that sounds 'great'. Loud does not always mean it sounds good...

~Adam

'85 2-Door Crown Victoria
          302 HO, -0.022" E7 Heads, Weiand Dual Plane Intake, Edelbrock 1406 Carb, Mechanical Fuel Pump, HEI Distributor, 180* T-stat, Transgo Shift Kit, HO Governor, Lokar TV/Throttle Cable Setup, B&M Torq Master 2000 RPM Stall Converter, FRPP Trans Cooler, Mustang Shorty Headers, 2.25" Dual Exhaust, Flowtech H-pipe (no converters), Hooker AeroChamber Mufflers, Side-exit Exhaust w/ Chromed 2.5" Tips, '02 PI F/R Shocks, Cut 2004 PI Front Springs in the Rear, PI Rear Sway Bar, 17" SAP Wheels, 245/50/Z17 Michelin Pilot A/S Tires, Cold A/C, Cruise Control, 4.10 Rear End Gears, Trac Lok Diff.
          '04 Crown Victoria LX Sport, '02 Jeep Liberty
          '83 Suzuki GS 1100E Motorcycle[/color]

Comment

that wil sound sweet! I know that firsthand!
            my buddy Bobert took off all his cats when he went to duals..2", Hpipe and Magnaflow mufflers(pretty much look like a straight thru glasspack on the inside).
            Sounded like total crap with no cats...REALLY blappy..I thought my car was blappy, but his was worse...sounded good once you topped like 2800rpm, tho.
            So, he put on 2 Magnaflow cats and now it sounds friggin' sweet!
            a lot like a 01-04 GT Mustang...
            Without cats:
            http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/...y/media/450049
            With 2 Cats:
            http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/...y/media/475891
            I tell him all the time how nice it sounds...
            sigpic
            1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

The Police car we got ...(89 crown vic 5.0) We gutted two of the cats and we are runnin with NO muffs and everybody ...(but the cops) love it!
              YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Actually, I think Bobert's Vic sounds great with no cats. It sounds kinda like a 96 Camaro SS down the street from my house, only not quite as deep as the 350.
                88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

yea, inside it was good..but the blappy sound is blechh...

wait until you hear MAGNA 5.0 :heyhey:
                  Last edited by Mr. Land Yacht; 05-09-2007, 02:24 PM.
                  sigpic
                  1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

I would go with the classic Flowmaster 40 series because they are pretty loud and cheaper than the other flowmaster muffs. Though, if you really want to go loud I would have somebody install cutouts right behind the cats and leave everything as it was. You will have the best of both worlds.
                    Packman

Comment

Working...
                    X