93 4.6 crown vic lx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

93 4.6 crown vic lx

i have a 93 vic i was wondering if i would need to do anything to the computer if i were to put police intake and fuel rods on it > and would doing this give more more horse power
    "Eating Hondas and craping hyundais"

"Police intake"????
    R.I.P Linsey Nelson

'04 M75-"Chocolate Rain" - mid 13 beast
    Originally posted by MeanVic84
    Chocolate Rain. Some stay dry and others feel the pain.

Comment

yeah well are the ports on the intakes of the police motors bigger ?

Comment

Police Interceptors use the exact same engine used in civilian cars, they have dual exhaust though. The first thing you should do would be address the valve seals, as they had problems from 92-95. After that, get dual exhaust that's probably the best place to start if you're gonna mod the engine.
        88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
        Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

^^^what 88Vic said^^^

And if by "fuel rods" you meant fuel injectors, then no; simply increasing the size of the injectors without other mods will do absolutely nothing.
          '03 Marauder "The Blackbird"
          - Trilogy Motorsports supercharged w/too many mods to list

...and another mildly-modded one for my DD

Comment

Originally posted by rf overlord View Post
            ^^^what 88Vic said^^^

And if by "fuel rods" you meant fuel injectors, then no; simply increasing the size of the injectors without other mods will do absolutely nothing.
            Sorry about being off topic g047.

rf overlord, welcome to GMN. I just noticed your sig, and it sounds to me like you have a badass Marauder on your hands. I bet it's real quick too. If you don't mind, make a reader's ride thread and post pics of that beast. If you don't have the time, that's fine, whenever you get around to it. Again, welcome to GMN.
            88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
            Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Aren't fuel rods the stuff that Arab terrorists are always trying to steal?
              Back in the saddle again!

2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor in Unimaginative Bureaucratic Brown
              Bone stock... for now.

Comment

You may be confusing PI (performance improved) with Police Interceptor. The 01+ cars had different intakes and heads (not sure how different the heads are, it may just be cams) that make more hp. Other than that, Police Interceptors and civilian car engines, from the same years, are the same.

Comment

You could find a police ECM which has a slightly more advanced timing curve, along with no speed limiter and higher shift points, but it needs to be a 93. Dual exhaust will really wake it up along with some rear gears. Underdrive pulleys should work as well.
                  Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Originally posted by p71towny View Post
                    You could find a police ECM which has a slightly more advanced timing curve, along with no speed limiter and higher shift points, but it needs to be a 93. Dual exhaust will really wake it up along with some rear gears. Underdrive pulleys should work as well.
                    if i were to get one of these is it as simple as putting it in and thats that ? or would i have to tune the engine ?

Comment

Just bolts right in under the dash on the drivers side by the e brake.

Comment

THX

thx for all the help guys im going to try some of this stuff and see what happens , never messed with any of this new stuff.

Comment

Hey Towny, could I put a Crown Vic ECM in the TC and get that effect? And If I did, would the air suspension system still function, or since the ECM is out of a car without air suspension it just wouldn't function?

Bone stock... for now.

Comment

Im gonna say no, only because I don't think your digi dash would work with the CV ECM because no P71 came with a digi dash.

Comment

Good point, didn't think of that aspect of it. Good to have you around dude!

Originally posted by p71towny View Post
                              Im gonna say no, only because I don't think your digi dash would work with the CV ECM because no P71 came with a digi dash.

Bone stock... for now.

Comment

Working...
                              X