X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess wagons arn't so popular anymore?

Wow not many posts here especially ones that are up to date????.....hmmm

hey, im trying ok lol... start making some threads!!!ll

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

plenty of waggon threads......check out the boulevard cruiser build in my forum

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

i ll have to do that just noticed that this was a fading area and hoped to respark some wagon interest

Comment

Need more peole with wagons. I hope to own one someday, but it won't be for a while.
          88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
          Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

There isn't much thats really wagon-specific that gets posted. Really most of the body-specific forums are sort of dead. Its all the same chassis and driveline, so most technical questions go in the tech section, and then pics go in reader's rides. Not a whole lot left over for here.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yeah, there are a few wagons, but not much specific info...
              Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

If I have my way about it,one day I will own a 79-87 LTD Crown Vic Wagon.

Comment

I'm planning some work on my Wagon I'll detail here when the time rolls around.
                  1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                  1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                  Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                  Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

I am redueing mine. It is in the readers rides though, I didn't even think about posting it here.
                    2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Dear Panthers,
                      For the past month I've been driving a Gallant rental instead of the Boulevard Cruiser. Some comparisons:

Mileage: Clear advantage Gallant - High 20's, low 30's vs 24 for the Cruiser
                      Room: Cl;ear advantage Cruiser. Traveling with two sheepdogs in the back seat isn't fun

Performance: Tossup.

Safety: The Gallant has airbags, the Cruiser has the bulk. I presume that post-Scott, the handling and braking will be comparable. Because the Gallant's windshield is new, its much better at sunrise and sunset. The headlights aren't as good as the cruiser's, the stick-t0-the windshield GPS gets in the way and the Gallant doesn't have those handy cornering lights. All in all, the Cruiser has better visibility.
                      Another tossup.

Comfort: The Cruiser has more comfortable seats, more leg room and an MP3 connector. The Gallant radio gets better reception than my Blauplunmkt but the BP has better sound. Advantage Cruiser.

Comparing my 18 year old, 210k wagon with a 2007 midsized sedan with 8k on the odometer: Overall advantage: Cruiser.

Donald McCaig

Comment

ahmen! panther FTW!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

My wagon is busted.
                          1989 Grand Marquis LS
                          flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

Originally posted by yucatec View Post
                            Comparing my 18 year old, 210k wagon with a 2007 midsized sedan with 8k on the odometer: Overall advantage: Cruiser.

Donald McCaig
                            Yep, it's amazing what 110 cubic feet of luggage space and decent passenger space can do. I still surprise people from time to time with what my cars can carry. I personally see no point at all in owning most newer vehicles - can't see how they sell the way they do. Most don't even do as good on gas as I'd expect from something a dozen-plus years newer, and smaller and front-wheel-drive besides. And when was the last time you heard of someone really doing their own work on their minivan?

Yay for wagons!
                            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

thats why i love those wagons.
                              Here in Germany the averige Wagon has less then a half of the Boxes cargo space.
                              Our complete Band set fits in the Wagon, before we had to drive with 3 cars.

And a Vanagon is only the averige
                              Living in a Box

Comment

Working...
                              X