re-assembly starts today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

re-assembly starts today

Off I go to my place of work where I begin re-assembly on my engine. I'm kinda limited to bottom end and tearing the heads apart though. I've not talked to the guy with the cam bearing puller and the stuff to do the heads, so I can only do so much. Hopefully he'll be there today so I can borrow the tools and get this baby back together. Ah well. even if I get just the lower end together, it'll be that much less crap spread across the workbench that I need to keep track of.

I can't wait for this to be done. The Lincoln has been sitting in my back yard for like 5 weeks now and I miss driving my land yacht. If all goes well, in 2 more weeks I'll have the engine back in.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

sweet! git R done!
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I took a closer look at the old rod and mains that came out of that thing. It was very due for bearings. All the mains were showing copper and about half the rod bearings also showed some copper.
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

cool! put some new life in that towncar.........btw 86 is the best year!
          good luck
          scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Minor setback. Finally I get hooked up with the guy who has the cam bearing tool. He swears he can do them with the crank installed, so I went ahead and stuck it in there. Asked again today before we started, he says no problem. Trashed the first one. Luckily I managed to find a set at Autozone in stock in Elkton, and they're open Sunday. I already removed the crank and managed to slice the shit out of my thumb in the process. Tomorrow I plan on doing the cam bearings and hopefully we'll take care of the heads so I can get this pig together.

Comment

Working...
            X