H4 conversion,, High beems always on!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H4 conversion,, High beems always on!!

I put my H4 conversion headlights in tonight,, but now my high beems are constently on,, so i un pluged the high beems for now,,,, dose anyone know how converting to H4 would have caused this?? my H4 headlights are very bright Btw

did you do any re-wiring??? what happens when you turn on the high beam switch?
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

What is the difference between the bulbs, other than brightness? Or is there any?

Comment

sounds like bad bulbs or incorrect wiring.
        LTD is still here

Comment

when i turn on the high beem switch the it stays the same, no i dident do any rewireing, just pluged in my H4 headlights and put it back together

Comment

unplug your H4s, plug the high beams, see if they shut off.
            LTD is still here

Comment

Sounds like the high and low wires are crossed. Are all 4 lamps on high, or are just the center lamps on high? High beam should be all 4 lamps on high, low beam should be low beam on the inners only. Also I should mention that using H4 lights without a relay kit is a bad idea, and likely to lead to fried MF switches, light switches, and other wiring problems due to the extra current flow.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Mine did this too. I actually dig it, it is like a 4 low conversion, then with the high beams on it was like normal, high beams on and low beams dimmed.
                2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

ok how would i go about putting in some relays?

Comment

The wiring has to be changed for the H-4 conversion. You'll have to take a wire probe and find out which wire is the ground, low power (only one wire would be power under low beam) and high power, then, looking through the glass in the bulb, figure out which post is for the same things. Your ground is not correct on the low beams, causing all the lights to come on.
                    "Owning a 9-second Import is like coming out of the closet.... At first it may be surprising, but in the end, you're still gay!"

www.myspace.com/nascarmechanic

Comment

Working...
                    X