desktop dyno stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

desktop dyno stuff

Dumb question for you folks that have used this, but what flow numbers should go in the induction area to accurately represent an Exploder intake? I'm using figures found here:

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/..._overload.html

It says average intake runner flow for the Explorer intake is 178 cfm, only trouble is thats just the lower intake. I plugged in 178 for lack of better input, and selected 1.5" mercury. Mostly I'm just playing around with this to get an idea of how the HO cam should compare vs the Explorer cam. So far with the figures I've got plugged in, its showing extremely marginal differences which is mostly what I expected. The torque figures seem awfully low though, like a max of 225 lb/ft of torque at 4,000 rpm so I really suspect the intake flow figures are not correct.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Funny that I never saw this thread before. I didn't know it was possible to input flow numbers for the intake manifold. That would sure clear up a lot of guesswork!
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Have you checked around corral?
      Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

No account over there, never looked. I think I eventually set it to 500 cfm, which is the smallest pre-defined efi manifold option and used that to compare things. I wasn't really looking for accurate numbers, I just wanted to get an idea of how two different cams in an otherwise identical setup would compare.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
        X