Fuel Injectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Injectors

Hey mang's I was woundering about info with fuel injectors.

Ie how you take them off /clean them /install new ones

Might any of you fellers have a pic of how a fuel injecter looks properley shooting out gas? I tried to take a pic of mine but to no avail.

I was coming home today and thought just how ugly and dirty mine looks :-P

Thanks mang's

D.K.

Well i did find this mine dont really look like eather of theese

But one of does resamble # 6 the other one make poof balls of spray.. Safe to say i need new injectors? do i have ellectronic injectors? ^_^

Thats a good web cite mang's :-P

And what do you know? thats aLSO a cause of hesitation and stalling! DOH!

Now all i need to know is what type of fuel injectors i need
    http://napaonline.com/masterpages/NO...ctor&VehCode=Y

And how to take them off and replace them... Seeing i did allready try cleaning them with sea foam.
    Last edited by DarkKnight; 04-23-2007, 04:29 PM.
    People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Woops, that link i put isnt there here yea go

http://www.injectorcleaning.co.uk/spray.htm
    People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Comment

Originally posted by darkknight View Post
      But one of does resamble # 6 the other one make poof balls of spray.. Safe to say i need new injectors?
      lol.... yes Id say you might need new ones. Especially if your fuel system may have been neglected at some time.

To change them, you have to reomove the CFI unit and take it apart. The injectors are sandwiched inside the halves. Might as well but on a new fuel regulator too, and clean the screen thats under it.
      There are O-rings and crap, and I havent dont this (and run it) but it couldnt bee too hard. just dont mess up the orings...
      yes our injectors are electronic. and expensive.
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

yea 100$ expensive.. Ugha.. You woldent think youd half to take the cfi apart :-(.. look like they just clip on there somehow. Humm. Now ima look up a how to take aprart a cfi hehe

the o rings you speak of are on the injectors.? or on that screen? Humm

Comment

Humm, well i gots strong thoughts on this one. And am going to go with my gut. So if CFI over haul is needed well then by god ima do it!!!

One question though?

Whille i have the cfi off actualy.is there anything else i should do?

DarkKnight <----- been scured of this for a whillle now.

Anyways ima buy bat's for the camra. So I will be taking lots and lots of pics and uploading them on photobucket to display here And hopefully.. I wont be Begging one of you to tell me how to get my Cfi put back together hahahaha.

:-P

D.K.

Comment

Eh, sorry about the double post. Just trying to get as much info as i can.

Umm I forgot to ask whats the proper way to clean them? Might wanna try that before forking out cash. I have been looking tru old treads though Still havent found a cfi diagram even over the net..

Anyways. Thanks mangs.

Hehe, so far i found in the treads sea foam, BG 44k, Chevron Fuel injector cleaner, Injecto Bench flusher.. :-P :-P

Gonna dig some more
            Last edited by DarkKnight; 04-23-2007, 10:03 PM.

Comment

You can try this for cleaning on the cheap:

http://fordfuelinjection.com/?p=82

No gurarantees but it wont cost you much. Also, you can get new O rings at the parts store. They're on the top of the injector. Use a bit of lube to install them, penetrating lube or even vaseline works.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Except you can't get o-rings for CFI cars. You can get 'em for EFI cars all day long, but not for CFI. Trust me, I've tried several different parts stores and the Ford dealership.

I ended up buying generic, non-fuel type o-rings and so far they've worked fine. *shrug*

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

they're different than the O rings for the EFI cars? Hm, my injectors use what looks to be a standard boring roundy round O ring. Are the CFI injectors a different size or something?
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yeah, the EFI o-rings are big fat things compared to the CFI o-rings. The ones for CFI injectors are probably only 1/32" thick, whereas the EFI o-rings are more like 3/32". Those figures are just my recollections, so they could be significantly off, but one thing I do know for sure is that they're not anywhere near the same.

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Nates right about the lack of orings in parts houses Eh, i have tried all around here for a cfi.. get looked at funny, and told to sorta leave they cant help me. :Shrugs:

What type o ring did you wind up useing nate?

Thanks Mang's
                      Humm good info im a bit stumped on why he needed all that stuff though

spacer pintle caps

I know id need o rings and filters but whats the other two things hummm..

And a machine screw^_^ That looks like a rig right there :-P

Intereasting..
                      D.K.
                      Last edited by DarkKnight; 04-24-2007, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by darkknight View Post
                        Nates right about the lack of orings in parts houses Eh, i have tried all around here for a cfi.. get looked at funny, and told to sorta leave they cant help me. :Shrugs:

What type o ring did you wind up useing nate?
                        Originally posted by Nathan in MN
                        I ended up buying generic, non-fuel type o-rings and so far they've worked fine. *shrug*
                        Just bring the original o-rings with you so you have something to compare with, and dig thru the parts store's o-ring stock until you find the right size. The one problem is that they aren't designed for use with fuel, so it's possible they could dissolve after awhile--you'll want to keep an eye on them. I haven't had a problem, but the car hasn't had more than probably 1000 miles on it (if that) since I replaced those o-rings.

Comment

Cool, thanks nate. Umm. Well im shit out of luck today the cam i was going to use isnt here due to some peoples here are on a trip and decided they wanted the cam.. ( Go fig hahaha ) And im not about to diassemble my cfi without a cam to take pic of evrey thing i do incase i forget... I guess i could draw it all out but i might miss something.. which is No Good.

Uhh... Thats the only way to take are fuel injectors out??? you would think they just snap or pop right off sitting right there and all. heehehe

O yea. my injectors look like at some time. the engine backfired up into them and melted the tips around them off a bit.. or one of them does.. So im thinking that one want have much help geting cleaned... I will try Seafoaming the shit out of it though today :-D

And if i can find some chevron tecron fuel injector cleaner ill use 4 bottoles of that in the tank..
                          Would sea foam work just as well..

And how bad you fellers reckon this stuff is on are fuel pumps? Humm

Thanks agine mang's

D.K.
                          Last edited by DarkKnight; 04-24-2007, 11:16 AM.

Comment

It's really not that complex taking the CFI unit apart. Just take it off the engine and take the screws out of the bottom (where the CFI unit mounts to the intake manifold). The two halves should come apart and the injectors should come loose. There might be a bit more to it than that; I'm just going on memory here. Either way, it's not really too bad. You can handle it.

Comment

O really? It's not like a carb then with 1000 little parts coming loose as you take it apart?

Comment

Working...
                              X