Blinkers to slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blinkers to slow

that is why i failed inspection besides the head lights they say my blinkers are to slow 50 times perminute and they want me to have 150 a minute
    sigpic
    1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Go to the auto parts store and ask for a heavy duty flasher. It'll be taller than the original flasher so you may not be able to use the cover over the fuse panel anymore, but your flashers will be much faster.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

I use and electronic flasher, it's a normal size and fits just like a reg thermal one. Someone gave it to me a few years ago when I had my first car. Swapped it in to the Grand Marquis when the other was sold. They work very well and have a nice solid sound to them. No clue on cost but they can't be to much.
      sigpic
      1986 Grand Marquis LS 2 Door
      Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

Comment

Come to think of it, it could also be low on blinker fluid.

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

replace the flasher

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MN View Post
            Come to think of it, it could also be low on blinker fluid.
            While that did indeed work on my buddy Lynn, somehow I don't think he'll fall for it Nice try tho.

Comment

Its probably not low on blinker fluid, just needs the fluid changed. The old blinker fluid sludges up and makes it work slower.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

or simply the fact that the flasher isnt making enough flashes to make the blinker fluid activate

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

for some reason i feel like you guys are tryin to pull one over on me "Blinker fluid"?!?!? so any way why u said replace flasher do you mean the fuse cause thats what i was thinking it might be
                  sigpic
                  1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Comment

Blinker fluid. It helps to reduce the wear and tear on the flash-synchro's that make 'em blink. Synthetic fluid will cost a little more, but it's worth it in the long run. This is the best place I've found to get it from, but they're sold out right now. I need to place an order myself.

:evil:

Comment

I want a picture where this blinker fuild goes?
                      sigpic

Comment

We were just pulling your leg, mang, there's no such thing as blinker fluid. Just replace your flasher and that'll most likely take care of the problem. The flasher is a cylindrically shaped metal can down in the fuse panel. The fuse panel diagram in the owner's manual should show you which one it is. Let us know if you have any trouble IDing it.

Comment

Originally posted by 83countrysquire View Post
                          I want a picture where this blinker fuild goes?

Sell your panthers and get a Civic, please.

JFWY
                          Nick
                          88 Colony Park LS
                          G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                          Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

that is why i failed inspection besides the head lights they say my blinkers are to slow 50 times perminute and they want me to have 150 a minute
                            That is the most ridiculous inspection item I have ever heard of!!!!!!

We get 21 bucks to a NYS low emissions inspection if we had to pay a guy to test the rate of the "blinking" we would go out of business.
                            1987 LTD CROWN VICTORIA, 5.0 EFI, MAGNAFLOW DUAL EXH, RED LANDAU
                            FRESH AOD, 3.27 OPEN DIFF, 57K MILES, B&M SHIFT KIT AND R134A A/C

Comment

for some reason i feel like you guys are tryin to pull one over on me "Blinker fluid"?!?!? so any way why u said replace flasher do you mean the fuse cause thats what i was thinking it might be
                              BTW if it was the fuse the lights would not function AT ALL!!!!

A fuse BREAKS a circuit when it's overloaded thus rendering it inoperable.
                              1987 LTD CROWN VICTORIA, 5.0 EFI, MAGNAFLOW DUAL EXH, RED LANDAU
                              FRESH AOD, 3.27 OPEN DIFF, 57K MILES, B&M SHIFT KIT AND R134A A/C

Comment

Working...
                              X