Hitting the dyno tomorrow...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitting the dyno tomorrow...

Local performance shop is doing a dyno day, so I'm gonna take out the TC and see what I can get out of it. It's entirely stock with 3.55s and a seriously rotted exhaust system. I have all the components to install a dual 2.25" system, but it's gonna take a full day to get that done.

So... I'll have base numbers tomorrow.
    2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
    1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
    1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Paid the deposit tonight, getting started at 10am. I'm anxious to see where I'm starting out.
    2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

About 100-110 at the wheels...Maybe 200-220ftlbs...should be interesting... I was hoping to get to a dyno soon...
      Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

I'm not counting on much... especially not with the blown exhaust... but they're doing the dyno day today and it's only $50, so I'm gonna go see what I'm putting down. Not trying to impress, just get the real numbers. I'll post up as soon as I get back.

I'll even try to get a video.

Comment

My buddy works at a local performance shop and their renting a portable dyno for a day sometime in May. Four h.p pulls for $50. I'm gonna take mine over just for fun, not expecting much. I may have my H.O upper, CAI , msd coil, tuneup, ect on by then. Cant wait.
          sigpicVic Videos Here http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...676#post243676
          Vic's Reader's Rides Page http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=16917
          Vic's Cardomain page http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2532949
          1975 Chevy C-10 Cardomain http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3371894

Comment

This car is a bone stock 20 year old towncar. We don't have many dyno numbers from untouched panthers

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
            '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
            '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by phayzer5 View Post
              This car is a bone stock 20 year old towncar. We don't have many dyno numbers from untouched panthers

That's for sure.

Comment

Well, 119.4 was peak hp and peak torque was 196.8 or something like that. I think the torque would have been higher if the exhaust wasn't so fucked, but I do have dual 2.25" system to install... finding the time to do it properly is another story! Gonna be working on minor things during the week, like smog pump removal, possibly valve cover gasket swap (and HO intake install), etc.

They're having another one in three months, so I'll be able to get an updated number on any improvements at that point in time.

Comment

They're supposed to be e-mailing me a .gif image of the dyno readings, so as soon as I get that I'll post it up.

Comment

120 at the rear wheels is pretty impressive for being bone stock. Looking forward to seeing the graph!

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

It's mostly downhill.

Comment

Stock 5.0's suck hard
                        Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                        Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

not too bad, 30hp under stock rating. On a 20 year old car....

Stock lopo's aren't that bad..... I beat the crap out of 305 powered camaros all the time with mine...And ricers...

Comment

I'm scared to dyno the '82. It's probably putting less than 100 to the rear wheels. They'd boo me outta there for that.

And yet, horsepower isn't everything. My Ranger puts down just under 100 to the rear wheels like the LTD prolly would. The torque difference makes the LTD twice as fast on the butt-dynometer.
                            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

120 sounds about right. NA did his and got like 123 hp. 150 at the crank less losses in the drivetrain makes 120 fairly reasonable.
                              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                              X