Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AC Compressor clutch replacement

How is it done? Can it be done?
    As near as I can tell every part of my 24-year-old AC system is good/charged with freon, but the bearings in the clutch itself are totally shot. I'd like to avoid opening the system up because that will open up a whole new bag of worms, and when I get to Florida in June I'd sure like to have some cold air!

2007 F-150 Supercab XLT 4x4
    1997 Jeep Cherokee

Its replaceable if you have the correct tool. Should be a single nut in the middle holding it on, but you need a tool to thread in there to pull it off.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
      Its replaceable if you have the correct tool. Should be a single nut in the middle holding it on, but you need a tool to thread in there to pull it off.
      I dissceted one I took off a parts car years ago- take the nut out of the middle, gently tap the outer part off, then ther'll be 2 snap rings inside that need to be removed to ake the rest of the assembly off. Pretty simple, actually.

2007 F-150 Supercab XLT 4x4
      1997 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

Working...
      X