My opinion of the Jasper trans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My opinion of the Jasper trans

So its now been a lil over 500 miles on the rebuilt AOD we got from Jasper, and I have to say that overall, Im satisfied. Considering that no matter what you do to it, its still an AOD, I am pleased with the performance. It doesn't dive into the next gear too early like the stock one did. It doesn't wallow in the low RPM's nearly as bad as it used to. Definetly picked up a noticeable amount of grunt in the mid-range (35-60 mph). Lost a little bit of oomph off the line, but I attribute that to having swapped out the Cats and H-pipe for the mustang X-pipe we got from Nitroracer(back-pressure and all). I figure with a set of 3.27 rear gears, it should have all the "get up and go" that she needs. I would have liked to do the Mustang governer, etc.. But that warranty is too handy to void at this point.

I know several of ya have had bad experiences with Jasper products, but based on this transaction, I'ld recommend it.

The Admiral

Give it a few more miles
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

For 3 years or 75k, That sucker is covered. That was the primary reason we went with Jasper. If it grenades within the next 3 years, Im not even out the labor charges. The warranty we got is actually rather impressive. Granted, other than the HO conversion, we're not going to do anything radical to the motor. When it comes time to build up a 351W for my own project panther, I'll most likely get something a bit more stout.

Comment

The thing that sucks is using the warranty every few months.. There is always a chance you get a decent one.
        Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

and they make you pay for labor when it shits the bed.......ask natehawk, and then #3 failed..........natehawks vic is now at brians shop getting the aod done up right

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

yea man if i could drop the f-bomb i would but you know what i wanna say about jasper.... the only thing that they got is a warranty thats it
            The Best
            Past and Present Any Questions...................

Comment

why can't you???

it aint a thread title
              1987 LTD CROWN VICTORIA, 5.0 EFI, MAGNAFLOW DUAL EXH, RED LANDAU
              FRESH AOD, 3.27 OPEN DIFF, 57K MILES, B&M SHIFT KIT AND R134A A/C

Comment

Yeah man, fuck that shit up! So far it's only been limited to the title.

Comment

Originally posted by 87vicFIVEO View Post
                  why can't you???

it aint a thread title
                  Oh ok well Fuck jasper they some shit..lol Fuck em fuck em fuck em....they are a bunch of fucktards and there shitty fucktarded trannys lol..Ok im cool now..
                  The Best
                  Past and Present Any Questions...................

Comment

:lol:
                    '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                    '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Fuck the fucking fuckward dickholes.
                      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

^ Dayum! ^

Comment

FUCK!
                          Nick
                          88 Colony Park LS
                          G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                          Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Fuckers!
                            Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                            Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Shit :poop2:
                              88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                              Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Working...
                              X