WR AOD and Shift Kit questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WR AOD and Shift Kit questions...

here's my thoughts...I want to put in the 4R70W gears to make a WR AOD and I want to put in the Baumann shift kit for my AOD.(this summer preferably)
    Here's what I'm wondering:
    can I put in the shift kit and wait to do the gears?
    or will it be tougher/annoying to do the gears after the shift kit is in?

So...
    A: Gears then Shift Kit
    B: Shift Kit then Gears
    ???
    Last edited by Mr. Land Yacht; 05-07-2007, 02:29 PM.
    sigpic
    1989 Ford Crown Victoria

It doesn't matter. Though I think you will need to change some of the VB stuff (shift kit) to adjusts the shifts wihen you go to the WR.
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

ah...so, if I did gears then shift kit, I would only have to adjust the shift points once, rather than twice(if I did the gears later)? that makes sense.
      sigpic
      1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

personally, I think you should do everything at once. Less labor and is just easier to do while the trans is apart.

Comment

I think doing both at the same time will work best. You're gonna put the WR and shift kit in with the new engine correct, not before?
          88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
          Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Do both at the same time. You have to rebuild the valve body anyways to a small degree on a basic rebuild, and converting to wide ratio is all the more reason.
            Last edited by Blaze86Vic; 05-08-2007, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze86Vic View Post
              Do both at the same time. You have to rebuild the valve body anyways to a small degree on a basic rebuild, and converting to wide ration is all the more reason.
              ra·tion(rshn, rshn)
              n. 1. A fixed portion, especially an amount of food allotted to persons in military service or to civilians in times of scarcity.
              2. rations Food issued or available to members of a group.

tr.v. ra·tioned, ra·tion·ing, ra·tions
              1. To supply with rations.
              2. To distribute as rations: rationed out flour and sugar. See Synonyms at distribute.
              3. To restrict to limited allotments, as during wartime

ra·tio(rsh, rsh-) n. pl. ra·tios
              1. Relation in degree or number between two similar things.
              2. The relative value of silver and gold in a currency system that is bimetallic.
              3. Mathematics The relation between two quantities expressed as the quotient of one divided by the other: The ratio of 7 to 4 is written 7:4 or 7/4.

[Latin rati, calculation, from ratus, past participle of rr, to reckon, consider; see ar- in Indo-European roots.]

Comment

LOL! How the hell do you type those characters?! I wish there were a couple special character keys or something so we didn't have to remember the alt+0235 combination to get ë.

Comment

Working...
                X