help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help!

hey guys,i have a 91 vic and its got76,000 miles and that EFI bullshit.do you guys recomend i convert it to carburated or just get a new motor.if so which one.sorry for the noobness. late!

Why do you want to change engines? EFI is way better for driving and performance. It does cost a little more though. Is there a problem with the car?

Comment

lol.i just dont know. a 95 5.0 out a mustang would have EFI right i dont know much about these cars.the only fast car ive ever had was a 91 mr2 turbo,id love to learn more though...(plans for the car)once its finished and running at its best i want like 350hp to the wheels.should i persue that with the motor the car has now or a new one.thanks so much.

Comment

what about EFI costs a little more?and no the car has absolutely no problems.

Comment

EFI bullshit? And the car has no problems? Sooo, what's the issue?

I would suggest reading the FAQ's in the tech area for the HO swaps and stuff.
          Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

EFI to carb sounds like it would be a challenge. I'd guess that buying a carbed 302 crate engine would be easier, but it's probably more expensive. Besides, if you don't want lower mileage or you don't want to rebuild/tune a carb then I suggest staying with EFI. EFI is easier to deal with for a dd (so i've heard). But like Mike said, check out the HO conversion thread if you want more power.
            88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
            Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

EFI for teh win!

stay with it man

it starts on those cold mornings

it just makes sense
              1987 LTD CROWN VICTORIA, 5.0 EFI, MAGNAFLOW DUAL EXH, RED LANDAU
              FRESH AOD, 3.27 OPEN DIFF, 57K MILES, B&M SHIFT KIT AND R134A A/C

Comment

yeah man you can do just about anything the 5.0 mustang guys can do to thier engines...!!! the question is.... how much $$$ you got to play with???
                Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                sigpic
                85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by mrltd View Post
                  EFI bullshit? And the car has no problems? Sooo, what's the issue?

I would suggest reading the FAQ's in the tech area for the HO swaps and stuff.
                  yeah the cars got no problems ive just always herd carbed is the way to go.and money isnt an issue since im not really on any kind of tight schedule or whatever.i guess ill stick with the EFI.tanx alot for your input guys. late!

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP* View Post
                    yeah man you can do just about anything the 5.0 mustang guys can do to thier engines...!!! the question is.... how much $$$ you got to play with???
                    wat do you maen i could do just aboutanything? with the motor i already have?

Comment

Originally posted by 911vic View Post
                      wat do you maen i could do just aboutanything? with the motor i already have?
                      just that!

Your EFI 302 is similar to those found in Mustangs.....

with mustang Heads/Cam/Intake/Computer/Headers/Injectors and a few other mods you can have a healthy 200+ hp 5.0....

Keep the EFI, there are plenty of aftermarket parts for the EFI 5.0

keep in mind

everything you need to get your motor to H.O. status is everything the Mustang guys are getting rid of (their stock stuff)

anotherwords

you can get it on ebay el cheapo!
                      1987 LTD CROWN VICTORIA, 5.0 EFI, MAGNAFLOW DUAL EXH, RED LANDAU
                      FRESH AOD, 3.27 OPEN DIFF, 57K MILES, B&M SHIFT KIT AND R134A A/C

Comment

Originally posted by 87vicFIVEO View Post
                        EFI for teh win!

stay with it man

it starts on those cold mornings

it just makes sense
                        Lmao, love it - in my truck where the old shifter used to attach to the steering column now there's a small aluminum lever, and there's a thin cable running from that lever that disappears somewhere under the dash - well guess what all that's for, and how often I have problems firing up during bitchin cold mornings

911, I'll have to agree tho, EFI is way better system, especially for a daily driver. Also with gas being consistently over $3 do you really wanna run a big ol' carb?

Comment

Carbs have their place on big race motors and such where EFI gets expensive, but if it ain't broke, don't fix it. The stock fuel injection is not a bad system. If it was butchered and really broken or something, then maybe carb it but otherwise it doesn't make a bunch of sense to change to another system if the current stuff works properly, especially if you don't happen to be decently versed with carb tuning.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yeah, carbed is really only for trying to go as fast as possible on a tight budget. The fastest cars out there (F1) are EFI. Dragsters are nice, but if you need it for more than 8 seconds at a wack, stay EFI.

If you look around, most the people that say Carbed is the way to go, have never messed with EFI. Living in the unknown hides the true power.

Comment

ill stick with it then.even though i was sweating on christmas so that starts on cold mornings thing doesnt really apply to me.lol.tanx for the help guys,i could see im gonna learn tons on here.

Comment

Working...
                              X