noob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

noob

in my 91,thats a 302 sefi or no.and how much to convert that to a ho if i wanted to?..

Read the FAQ's in the tech sections!
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Originally posted by 911vic View Post
      in my 91,thats a 302 sefi or no.and how much to convert that to a ho if i wanted to?..
      Do what mrltd told ya, but if it helps

Yes it’s a 302 or 5.0...well technically 4.9.....but called a 5.0

Yes it's SEFI all 86 and up panthers have port injection

As far as an H.O. conversion....won't cost too much if you shop around a bit for the parts.

you're going to need H.O. heads, cam, injectors, computer, upper intake, TB, headers, egr spacer and some other items! But with a little work ALL of that stuff can come pretty cheap.
      Last edited by 87vicFIVEO; 05-14-2007, 10:21 PM.
      1987 LTD CROWN VICTORIA, 5.0 EFI, MAGNAFLOW DUAL EXH, RED LANDAU
      FRESH AOD, 3.27 OPEN DIFF, 57K MILES, B&M SHIFT KIT AND R134A A/C

Comment

sweet.im probably gonna go for it.who knows.lol im like a puzzled little boy.the thing is like any real man i want to do all the work on this car myself (atleast motor)but i dont know shit about cars or working on them.im 21 years old,is it to late to learn now

Comment

can anyone plz completely list the items needed for this conversion?

Comment

Well don’t feel emasculated by letting a qualified technician work on you’re car, might not be a bad idea if you have no experience.

I’m 22 and learn more today than I was capable of learning at 16, so don’t close the brain door just yet man!
            1987 LTD CROWN VICTORIA, 5.0 EFI, MAGNAFLOW DUAL EXH, RED LANDAU
            FRESH AOD, 3.27 OPEN DIFF, 57K MILES, B&M SHIFT KIT AND R134A A/C

Comment

Listen to Mike - the FAQ is pretty simple.

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=3147

And as long as you have the tools and determination it should all be possible. I converted my car when I was 17 I think? lol
              -Matt
              1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

I believe it was 16 Matt...at least that is what I remember your sig saying.

Comment

Originally posted by 911vic View Post
                  sweet.im probably gonna go for it.who knows.lol im like a puzzled little boy.the thing is like any real man i want to do all the work on this car myself (atleast motor)but i dont know shit about cars or working on them.im 21 years old,is it to late to learn now
                  No it's not too late to learn. And it's never too early to learn either in my case. I'm 16. Teh one thing to know in the repair of automobiles is that no one can learn it all, because new technology is being added to them, and so you have to keep learning.

Comment

Like they said, never too late to learn these things. I'm 17 and i've still got tons to learn. Cars are very complicated (at least to me anyways) and I don't think it's possible to know everything about them. Some people specialize in certain areas, such as engine work, transmissions, brakes, suspension, electrical, and we have some people here like Zack who are learning to do body work. So if an idiot like myself can learn to do this, I know you can.
                    Originally posted by 87vicFIVEO View Post
                    Yes it's SEFI all 86 and up panthers have port injection
                    Police Interceptors up through 91 got the 2bbl 351W.
                    88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                    Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Working...
                    X