X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you think of a 460 with a c6 in my waggin

i can get it for 400 both
    sigpic
    1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

well my main question is. is it possible to do? What Suspension work would need to be done? and how would i mount it ? What rear gears should I get? how big should be my exhuast? I have a 2.5 set up right know? Will it work? What else should I know before buying it.
    sigpic
    1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Comment

It is possible a few cars are running around with big blocks but its not a bolt in affair. Just find a plan that will fit your budget and stick to it.
      -Matt
      1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

go over to CVN and harass the guy that did the big block swap...

It's not that easy and requires a bit of fabrication...
        Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

gonna be really expensive......u just gonna drop in a used motor and trans? rebuilding big blocks is not in teh cheap mang.......then theres the probable hood clearance issue, all the added weight, custom motor and trans mounting........with a big block and a 3 speed, i would run a 3.27 rear

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I think a big-block wagon would be a lot of fun. I've thought of maybe doing that with my LTD someday. My biggest worries would be headers and motor mounts. I think a 2.5" dual exhaust should be plenty unless you're planning a crazy 600hp build. And yeah, with an engine that makes seriously big torque down low, you really don't need so much gear to go fast. Car Craft was testing some sort of torque-happy big block once and found the car actually went faster with gears somewhere in the 3.20-3.60 range (I wanna say 3.3-something, but I don't remember for sure) than with the 4.10s or whatever they'd been using with a hot small-block.
            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I'm with Scott on this one, too much work for too little gain. Think about what your actually getting....

Whats the HP and TQ rating on that 460???

You could probabably invest half the time and money into a 302 or 351 buildup and end up with MORE power, but a big block has a certain COOL factor I 'spose!
              1987 LTD CROWN VICTORIA, 5.0 EFI, MAGNAFLOW DUAL EXH, RED LANDAU
              FRESH AOD, 3.27 OPEN DIFF, 57K MILES, B&M SHIFT KIT AND R134A A/C

Comment

Just save a barge body.

Comment

If its a motor made after about 1973, the power figures aren't going to be real impressive. If its a late 70s smogger motor, forget it. probably like 250 hp or something.

Its a lot of work and money to make it fit, and if you're not rebuilding it, you're going to be underimpressed with the performance. Most of the factory manifolds weren't that great, the later heads and cams weren't that good either, so to make one really worth bothering with you almost have to rebuild it with a decent cam and intake.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

The 460 in my 86 F250 super cab long box truck moves it pretty damn good and the truck weighs in close to 6,000 pounds. And it's a stock motor besides the Edelbrock 750cfm carb. And it sounds sweet too!
                    Last edited by Fordman75; 05-18-2007, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackup460 View Post
                      Just save a barge body.
                      You might be right .... even get the 9" rear to go with the big-block package. How about modding a barge-body with the sheetmetal from a Panther?

Comment

Focus on the 2dr, make one nice car instead of 2 hoopties, I need to sell my vic.
                        Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

74-78 460 was rated 202 hp iirc

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

Comment

Originally posted by p71towny View Post
                            Focus on the 2dr, make one nice car instead of 2 hoopties, I need to sell my vic.
                            Darn, too bad I really don't need a third vehicle right now!

Comment

i got too many hoopties too

Comment

Working...
                              X