UPDATE!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPDATE!!!

Well, today I installed the first emergency equipment on the car... I had to do it now, before I sealed the area between the trunk and the back seat with the new insulation piece I got... I had a bitch of a time finding a short enough drill bit, (!/2") so that I could get the drill up between the back glass and the rear package shelf, and be at the right angle... I finnally "modifed" a hole saw, to make it shorter, and that did the trick.. (No I don't have a right angle drill... used to have a really nice Makita 9.6 volt.. but like an idiot, I sold it.... I used to use it to mount radios in policecars, under the dash.. but most of the newer cars all mount in the center of the seats.. so I never needed it.. until now!!!)

I also got the headliner out... recovering it tommorow, while it rains.. YES.. rain... Damnit!!! When it clears up it should be ready to go back in....

These will alternate....

Only problem is.. it is going to be a BITCH to get the one screw back in on the trim... on the side... I didn't even think about that until I saw this picture!

All stripped and ready for new headliner... The old one wasn't too old.. but it was already coming loose.. whoever did it, didn't put enough of the spray adhesive on it! You can see areas that didn't even have any glue on it!!!
    I also have to send the two sunvisors out to be recovered.. they are starting to be pretty thread barren....

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
    Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

I feel your pain! I restored a 1966 Mustang with the 200cid I6. That was a cast iron BITCH!!!!

Restoring cars is a much larger headache then restificating them. (restificating?? is that a real word???)

Looks like a really smooth running project there.
    2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

headliner....

The headliner is recovered.. the ticket light is mounted... hopefully it will go back in car tommorow.....

The ticket light....

checking out the clearance before mounting the ticket light...

I also came up with a way to mount the electric shotgun rack with out drilling holes in the floor!!! More on that later....

Later!!!! Tom....

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…

Comment

Is it possible for a car to be TOO sexy?

I didn't think so either.

Good job man.

:banana: :jumpin:
        Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
        Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Car looks too familiar. Nice work man.

Comment

Shot gun rack....

Here is the way I am going to mount the shotgun rack... (I have a "look alike" plastic airsoft pump shotgun that will go in the rack for shows) This is a drawing I made in "Paint".... Of course, it will be on top of the carpet... I drew it out this way to show where it will mount to....
            The brace that goes over to the dash will also use an existing hole under the dash.. no holes to drill!!!

More later!!! Tom...

Comment

COPS tonight....

C*O*P*S* tonight was in LA county.. they were using 84 "baby" LTD's like mine!!! It was cool..... Able to see some "inservice"! Tom...

Comment

Working...
              X