need pics of CFI fuel lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need pics of CFI fuel lines

Anyone feel like getting me a pic of the fuel lines on a CFI car where they go from the frame over to the engine? I'm curious what sort of connector is being used, and if the line is able to be modified to hook to a SEFI fuel rail. I'm thinking possibly the CFI line would need to be cut and coupled to the SEFI line with a piece of high pressure fuel hose, but I'm hoping for a cleaner solution in case I ever do this to something.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

I want to say there's some kind of quick connect fittings at the lower front corners of the block... I seem to remember looking at one eveytime I change the oil filter. From the frame up to the fitting, it looks like that wierd rubber sleve covered metal line, and from there up the block to the CFI is regular steel line. Im pretty sure it comes up both sides of the frame, and up one side of the timing cover, then back down the other side.
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

You would be correct Petemang, should be one on each side of the block next to the oil pan.
      Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
      Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

+1...

Just use the engine steel lines off the donor car...
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Hm, forgot totally about my own thread lol. Basically what I was trying to determine is if the lines from a SEFI car will plug right in to the lines on the frame of a CFI car. I'd prefer not to do any splicing with flares or rubber lines if at all possible just because it would look a lot more professional and stealthy if 100% factory plumbing is used. Considering I don't own a CFI car, or have plans on buying one anytime soon, this is all just research for a future project. If anyone could get me a pic of the couplers so I could compare what they look like, I'd appreciate it.

Originally posted by 85crownHPP* View Post
          I want to say there's some kind of quick connect fittings at the lower front corners of the block... I seem to remember looking at one eveytime I change the oil filter. From the frame up to the fitting, it looks like that wierd rubber sleve covered metal line, and from there up the block to the CFI is regular steel line. Im pretty sure it comes up both sides of the frame, and up one side of the timing cover, then back down the other side.

This sounds like what the SEFI cars have as well, so hopefully its got the same fitting. SEFI cars have the spring-lock connectors like the 86+ AC lines use.
          Last edited by gadget73; 06-11-2007, 12:18 AM.
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

would the fuel lines in the 91 be run the same as any sefi box???? I'll try to compare and get pics tomorrow.
            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
            sigpic
            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP* View Post
              would the fuel lines in the 91 be run the same as any sefi box???? I'll try to compare and get pics tomorrow.
              Should be. Thanks Pete.

Comment

looks like the same brittle clip connections as the fuel filter...
                Attached Files
                sigpic

Comment

yeah, different. Later cars have round spring locks. Oh well, not that big of a deal to couple the lines.

Comment

Working...
                  X