Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Must see vids of modded P72 in Chi-town.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Must see vids of modded P72 in Chi-town.

Went downtown tonight hoping to see LTDMasta. Didn't end up meeting up so we went for a drive in my POS. Got some dinner, then drove home. Had my Sony digital camera on me with low battery so we filmed until it died.

Leaving the tollbooth light accel from 0-60 or so. Heavy traffic so did not get on it. I need to put a resistor on my tach backlight bulb. Don't know what weird alien language was going on in the beginning.
    http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/5...e/mov01950.mpg

Following a Ford GT being driven very slowy. Tried to egg him on so we could hear his motor, only to discover it was the valet bringing the car from the garage to the hotel, with the owner and about 40 people watching. Oops. Poor valet, I feel sorry for trying to egg him on. Good to see he drove it with respect.
    http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/5...e/mov01952.mpg

A great drive down Lower Wacker Drive. It's a lot different than before. You can hear a lot of down-rev exhaust goodness and high rpm 358 sound here. At one point I was playing with the throttle and my poor buddy spilled his drink into his lap. He did a great job holding it steady though. Large video but worth the wait.
    http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/5...e/mov01953.mpg

One last vid on the way home. Should have let it idle longer, as I have never thought the cam sounded much different than stock, until now.
    http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/5...e/mov01955.mpg

Hope you enjoy these. May be the last before the engine teardown and upgrade. LTDMasta, wish you were there!

sounds nice!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Dude, that sounds WICKED!
      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

That sounds awesome. What exhaust setup are you running? I see you have BBK shorties and 2 chamber FM's, but what size is the system and are you running a crossover?
        88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
        Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Damn that sounds good, what's under the hood????
          1987 LTD CROWN VICTORIA, 5.0 EFI, MAGNAFLOW DUAL EXH, RED LANDAU
          FRESH AOD, 3.27 OPEN DIFF, 57K MILES, B&M SHIFT KIT AND R134A A/C

Comment

Glad you guys like it. I haven't heard another Panther like it yet. Everything in the sig pretty much sums it up. My poor Sony digital camera doesn't do the car justice. The car has BBK 351 Swap Shorties going into 2-1/2" downtubes. These get converted to 2-1/4" midpipes (from the first exhaust set-up) and into offset/offset Flowmaster 2-chamber mufflers. From there it's 2-1/4" over the axle and out to the 45 degree turndowns at the tail. The car is catless and without crossover due to a failed H-pipe swap from my dearly departed Mustang. The car has a slightly hotter cam waiting for it. Just need to figure out what to do with the heads. The system now is all crush-bent. I will not change it out until I find someone local who will mandrel bend 2-1/2" that wont run me $1k. Any ideas fellas?

Comment

sorry man, i dont visit this site too much anymore.

well it sure would have been fun to cruise.. especially if the LTD was ready to roll!!

sorry i couldnt make it down, perhaps anothet time tho?

BTW vids aernt working for me
              LTD is still here

Comment

Originally posted by 1987LTDmasta View Post
                sorry man, i dont visit this site too much anymore.

well it sure would have been fun to cruise.. especially if the LTD was ready to roll!!

sorry i couldnt make it down, perhaps anothet time tho?

BTW vids aernt working for me
                We had a stupid good time. I left you a PM with my cell # if you want to hang out sometime. The vids still come up for me, don't know what's wrong. I have one of them here:

BTW your new 'Stang reminds me of my dearly departed '86 GT. Same color, lol.
                Last edited by torquelover; 06-06-2007, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by torquelover View Post
                  Glad you guys like it. I haven't heard another Panther like it yet. Everything in the sig pretty much sums it up. My poor Sony digital camera doesn't do the car justice. The car has BBK 351 Swap Shorties going into 2-1/2" downtubes. These get converted to 2-1/4" midpipes (from the first exhaust set-up) and into offset/offset Flowmaster 2-chamber mufflers. From there it's 2-1/4" over the axle and out to the 45 degree turndowns at the tail. The car is catless and without crossover due to a failed H-pipe swap from my dearly departed Mustang. The car has a slightly hotter cam waiting for it. Just need to figure out what to do with the heads. The system now is all crush-bent. I will not change it out until I find someone local who will mandrel bend 2-1/2" that wont run me $1k. Any ideas fellas?
                  Mandrel bent for under 1K? Good luck. I've got over 1K in my crush bent setup. You could however make your own with various madrel bends and weld 'em up.
                  Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

We had a stupid good time. I left you a PM with my cell # if you want to hang out sometime. The vids still come up for me, don't know what's wrong. I have one of them here:

BTW your new 'Stang reminds me of my dearly departed '86 GT. Same color, lol.

LOL odd. i havent bought it yet, its on reserve, but yeah i'm gonna have some fun with it. its gonna be my new DD.

i got the lower wacker vid to work, and MAN that sounds badass!

probably in 2 or 3 weeks my LTD will be ready for the streets again.. well technically its ready now, but i got alot of wetsanding and buffing to do first.
                    LTD is still here

Comment

Originally posted by mrltd View Post
                      Mandrel bent for under 1K? Good luck. I've got over 1K in my crush bent setup. You could however make your own with various madrel bends and weld 'em up.
                      Wishful thinking, I know. Maybe a combo of pre-bent sections for the downpipes, straight tubing, and 2-1/2" Impy tails might do.

LOL odd. i havent bought it yet, its on reserve, but yeah i'm gonna have some fun with it. its gonna be my new DD.

i got the lower wacker vid to work, and MAN that sounds badass!

probably in 2 or 3 weeks my LTD will be ready for the streets again.. well technically its ready now, but i got alot of wetsanding and buffing to do first.
                      Great to hear you got the vid to work, as the alternate link in the post above vanished. There's a few more on the SM site, but the Lower Wacker one is my fav. The underground effect really lets you hear the car. Both my Mustang and Vic have (had) red interiors, so they're not exact twins to yours. However, I just watched one of your vids, and our Vics have the same head unit...the El Kameleon. Maybe sometime before summer is over you can give me some pointers on rust repair. Gotta save the POS!
                      Last edited by torquelover; 06-06-2007, 10:49 PM.

Comment

why dont you just buy the exhaust system from summit or jegs and just have the midpipes extended? you can get a complete o/r H and mustang midpipes, flowmasters and rear tails for under $350
                        LTD is still here

Comment

dude..soundin' great..nice and deep!
                          great videos mang!
                          that 3rd one reminds me of MIB for some reason

ooh..I'm getting jealous..the sound of that beast is GRRREAT! :banana:
                          and its black Vic! that's the best part!
                          sigpic
                          1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

why dont you just buy the exhaust system from summit or jegs and just have the midpipes extended? you can get a complete o/r H and mustang midpipes, flowmasters and rear tails for under $350
                            My last project started out with BBK 351 Swap Shorty Headers in hopes of using the BBK O/R H from my Mustang. Didn't work, not even close. I had to recip. saw the heck out of the H just to use the downpipes. I ended up driving the car 20 miles with open downtubes. Sounded pretty mean, and the top end screamed, but it was ridiculously loud. What tails would you recommend? I imagine it's the bottleneck in my exhaust.

Originally posted by Mr. Land Yacht View Post
                            dude..soundin' great..nice and deep!
                            great videos mang!
                            that 3rd one reminds me of MIB for some reason

ooh..I'm getting jealous..the sound of that beast is GRRREAT! :banana:
                            and its black Vic! that's the best part!
                            Glad you liked it. You've got some fury coming soon too, right?

Comment

My last project started out with BBK 351 Swap Shorty Headers in hopes of using the BBK O/R H from my Mustang. Didn't work, not even close. I had to recip. saw the heck out of the H just to use the downpipes. I ended up driving the car 20 miles with open downtubes. Sounded pretty mean, and the top end screamed, but it was ridiculously loud. What tails would you recommend? I imagine it's the bottleneck in my exhaust.
                              did you have a 351 in the mustang? i know theres quite a difference in the H-pipe design from a 302 to a 351w because 351ws are wider or something. you may have to find a custom H or find a local shop around here thats willing to mandrel-bend it. it shouldnt be too much tho, not the $1k you estimated.
                              LTD is still here

Comment

Working...
                              X