A/C Dryer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A/C Dryer

What are so going me signs of the dryer going bad? I replaced one of my hoses today that was leaking a while back before my engine was replaced. The air worked and was very cold. After replacing the hose I proceeded to recharge the air the compressor kicked on and started cycling like it suppose to but the dryer never got cold and the air is not cold coming out of the vents. The dryer is only about 2 years old.
    The Best
    Past and Present Any Questions...................

I know very little about ac stuff, but when you open the system, I thought you have to replace your dryer?, Or at least evacuate the system for like 30-40 mins to make sure the system has no air and holds vacuum?
    sigpic
    1986 Grand Marquis LS 2 Door
    Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

Comment

you have air in the system if you didnt vacuum down the system first......might also e overcharged/undercharged........how much did you put in? did you put any oil in the system?
      and yes the drier should be changed if it's more than a yr or 2 old

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

How often are you supposed to replace the drier?

Comment

Originally posted by NATEHAWK View Post
          ...the compressor kicked on and started cycling like it suppose to but the dryer never got cold and the air is not cold coming out of the vents. The dryer is only about 2 years old.

Cycled like it is supposed to?

It should not cycle on and off often if it is working properly. The clutch should remain engaged.
          1987 LTD CROWN VICTORIA, 5.0 EFI, MAGNAFLOW DUAL EXH, RED LANDAU
          FRESH AOD, 3.27 OPEN DIFF, 57K MILES, B&M SHIFT KIT AND R134A A/C

Comment

yea i think its the dryer.....i did put oil in it as well as 2 can of 134a but the compressor's clutch would engaged everything thing else is fine. Dryers are inexpensive so that no biggie i will replace the orifice tube as well
            Last edited by NATEHAWK; 06-05-2007, 07:57 PM. Reason: because
            The Best
            Past and Present Any Questions...................

Comment

need more than 2 cans nate....needs at least one more can......assuming they were 14 oz cans

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Working...
              X