Ignition Switch connected screwed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ignition Switch connected screwed

Ok I was replacing my ignition switch in the brick today and I got a nice little surprise. The old one was still plugged into the connector and I see the connector is all cracked up. Well I am getting a bad feeling. So I take the old one off and the connector just crumbles. SHIT. So it was still intact alittle so I plugged it into the new switch. Yeah no go, it turned everything on but then when I hit the switch to fire it up and the power just left everything. I switch it back to run or accessory and barely any power. Everything is dime, the door chime was even quiet and the presets in the radio are lost. I guess I am not as mad as I usually would be cause I wasn't the one that broke it for once.lol

Ok Now I replaced my ignition switch cause it almost left me stranded at blockbuster and it did the same thing everything was dim and I jared it enough that it worked. Ever since then it has be a crap shoot to get it to run or not.

I guess my question is where do I get a new connector? Are there new ones for sale or do I have to go to the boneyard? I doubt the current one is salvageable I included some pics of it to see what you guys think. Thanks all!

2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Ok I just looked through Rockauto and by the grace of god they have it!

Comment

Having worked for Ford there was a pigtail available for it.I know other aftermarket companires make it also.

02 MERCURY GRAND MARQUIS 4.6 ALL STOCK,KYB GAS ADJUSTS,GATOR BACK BELT.SOON TO COME J-MOD,DUAL EXHAUST

Comment

wow, that thing really cracked up. Doesn't look like it got hot. Wonder if someone replaced it in the past and busted the connector. Could you tell if the screws were replaced? Usually the factory ones are a wierd round head thing that needs a bolt remover socket to pull, the replacements are standard security bit torx.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

yeah youd be suprized at the replacement connectors they have out there... just gotta find em
          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
          sigpic
          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I would say get one at a junkyard if you can. Maybe something online like Teamfordparts would have it?
            Last edited by 86GmLsCoupe; 06-11-2007, 11:14 PM.
            sigpic
            1986 Grand Marquis LS 2 Door
            Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

Comment

Yeah I ordered one thanks guys. Yeah Gadget it did have torx bit screws holding it on. I thought it was original cause it was a fomoco part I guess how else would it be busted up like that. No melting of the plastic which is good.

Comment

Working...
              X