Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So who wants to ride up from FL/GA?

5.5 weeks and counting!!

I have the 19-20th and 23-24th off from work, and im out from work as of 1:30pm wednesday so im thinking of leaving just after than to get there as early as I can. It would really help if I could find someone to ride with to help split gas costs. While i will get super shitty mileage towing the car the ~1100 miles esp through the mountains, Its still going to be easier on my pocket than to drive the linc. And if something on the car decided to go while im racing/driving up there i can still get back just fine. I am happy sleeping i nthe truck, so you can have your choice of sleeping arrangements in the car, or you can take over piloting duties while i grab some sleep, your choice. Towing experience helpful would be nice if you chose the latter

Anyone out there that can get the 4 days around the SF weekend off from work and want to ride with me? I have room for 3 in the truck but it might get a lil cramped after 16+ hours. Any takers? it would help both of us

Picture this with the towncar's swapped

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
    '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
    '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Anyone?!

'80 Town Coupé

Comment

I guess you smell Justin. :p

Comment

kidnap eric on your way up

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Justin doesnt like me anymore cuz I give him shyte about his car.

besides, I got a new job and wife and I already had vacation planned this year for 2nd week in July.
          1yr wedding anniversary is 8/31, so we are taking vacation around that time too, who knows where we will end up.
          2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
          89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
          88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

You smell anyways. I can live with my own stench, but I could never spend 16 hrs in the truck with you

'80 Town Coupé

Comment

Id say sure, but i dought ill have any days off ... and i even have a ton of towing exp. eh.. maybey next year hehe
              People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Comment

I'll be in avon nc with the family near the outer banks that week until saturday maybe you can pick me up a little early just an idea I do have experience towing trailers

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Eh, i dont htink I'll be towing it up there. I'm starting at a local college July 2nd and its going to tap into what little free funds ill have, on top of the fact I need a new hi-tq mini starter to start the car reliably and a tag/registration to even drive it legally on the roads

'80 Town Coupé

Comment

Just a reminder for anyone that doesnt know yet... laptop mount + Dell inspiron 1505 + bluetooth cell phone as a modem = nearly unlimited internet connectivity for the whole trip :banana: Anyone want to help win the award for GMN'ers postwhoring from the most locations? ~1200 miles of space to whore it up

'80 Town Coupé

Comment

is that a challenge?

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                      302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                      k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Damn, I wish I was going to this thing!

Comment

I want intarweb in the car!!!!
                          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                          sigpic
                          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Working...
                          X