K & N Air filters (and oil, too).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K & N Air filters (and oil, too).

Does anyone run the air filter in their 5.0's? I want to free up the engines' breathing and I hope to also gain some extra mileage and power. Also, does anyone use the oil filters made by K&N? Supposedly they have a valve or something that makes the oil stay in the galleys or something. Makes it better for the engine at start-up, or some such shit. Any-who, thanks for the feedback.

They simply breathe, and last longer...

I also hear the oil filters filter better, too.

Ill stick with my motorcraft oil filters, however...
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Yeap me too oil filters goin be motorcraft..
      The Best
      Past and Present Any Questions...................

Comment

I've got a K&N filter in my stock air box. I did not notice any difference in milage. The car seemed to breathe a little better. I've heard good things about their oil filters too, but I like the $2.99 Motorcrafts they work much better than POS FRAMs.

Comment

where can we get motorcraft filters??? this will be my 1st oil change since walmart quit selling the oils... what about air filters?
          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
          sigpic
          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Air Filters = Good
            Oil Filters = Great!

Just cant figure that one out. On my Ranger the K&N increased power and mileage, and the filter definetly worked better, the oil was not opaque at the last change. It was actually semi transparent!

The recharging of the air filter (Every 25-40K) can get messy. Cleaning soulution then dry then the oil.
            2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

I like the protection it offers, I also live on a gravel road.
              Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownLX
                where can we get motorcraft filters??? this will be my 1st oil change since walmart quit selling the oils... what about air filters?
                Do you have a O'reillys? They have Motorcraft products.
                2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

I buy my oil filters at walmart...

They dont got motorcraft in walmart up there?
                  1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                  Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

GMGT they didn't take Motorcraft products off the shelves in your neck of the woods? Most walmarts stopped carrying Motorcraft awhile ago including mine. There was a big thread about it over at "the other site."

Comment

yeah, i mean to stock up on some FL-1A's before they axed em
                      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                      sigpic
                      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Ya I went to go stock up on FL-280s's but they were the first to be taken out. I was pissed.

Comment

Wal-Mart here in PCB still carries Motorcraft. Not a large selection mind you , but we still have em.
                          2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

I just noticed the FL-1A's at the walmart in OCala. That model was gone for a bit from their small motor craft lineup, but its back. The Advance autoparts carries em, so I gots no worries...

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
                            '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
                            '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

Working...
                            X