What goes down here.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What goes down here.......

hey....I have a few questions on Scottfest. I have never been and I am a little curious about a few things. Here they are......

#1-is it just Panther Fords or is it just like a car show that anyone goes to?
    #2-what is there to do? Just chill and race?
    #3-why is it called Scottfest?

I think thats it.......THANX!!
    -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
    -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

#1) not really a car show just a get together

#2) it is an annual gathering of us and others to participate in for a weekend

#3) it is called SF since it is held annually at Scott'/Lincolnmania's place
    Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

The idea behind "scottfest" was originally a joke between me and scott, as a rival to CVN's "STAP" meets.

But then we had the first one, and the success was amazing! These people made it possible!
      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I still havent driven a panther to scottfest. Hell, Tom still has yet to drive a panther at scottfest that was titled under his name at the time, so you have nothing to worry about if you dont have one to drive :banana:

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
        '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
        '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT View Post
          The idea behind "scottfest" was originally a joke between me and scott, as a rival to CVN's "STAP" meets.

But then we had the first one, and the success was amazing! These people made it possible!
          What does STAP stand for, anyway?

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
          1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
          But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

St. Thomas Assembly Plant, where Panthers are made!

Comment

Well, all except the good ones :p

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
              '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
              '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

GMGT was made in St. Louis I think.

LTD GT was made in STAP, pretty sure :nonono:

Comment

I don't really know anyone on here....but I think I will go next year and make some new friends!! I should most def have a Vic by then!
                  -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
                  -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

i think mine are made in Canada. hey Gearhead, you will get to know us all better on here and develop friends before next year's SF. if you are looking for a Box Panther, check www.Craigslist.org www.autotrader.com or on ebay and local papers. if you get one, let us know the year. you will definately need a brass bushing for the transmission pressure cable. (kickdown) they were made of rubber and deteriorate after time. we have pics where its located under the hood. trying to save you a headache if you get one and the transmission is good. that way it doesnt get toasted.

Comment

Originally posted by 87_crown_vic View Post
                      i think mine are made in Canada. hey Gearhead, you will get to know us all better on here and develop friends before next year's SF. if you are looking for a Box Panther, check www.Craigslist.org www.autotrader.com or on ebay and local papers. if you get one, let us know the year. you will definately need a brass bushing for the transmission pressure cable. (kickdown) they were made of rubber and deteriorate after time. we have pics where its located under the hood. trying to save you a headache if you get one and the transmission is good. that way it doesnt get toasted.
                      Thanx man. I already checked Autotrader and they have a coupe 87 Vic that I would KILL to have but I have no money....but I am gettin a job in the next 2-3 weeks so I should get a Vic this fall. Anyways....thanx again man, always nice to see a "friendly face"!

Comment

86-91 CVs had the crappy grommet that needs replaced. 1987 tudors are the rare ones. seems like lots of us here seem to be able to find one though.

Comment

Working...
                        X