'92 Vic mods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'92 Vic mods?

I never thought I would ever post in this forum.

but IF I get this '92 Vic that I posted about...what are some of the mods I can do to this 4.6?
    besides exhaust...

and I'm talking small mods...not major mods...just mods to wake it up a little but still get excellent mpg..
    kinda the opposite of my MAGNA.

underdrive pulleys?
    port intake/plenum?
    bigger TB?
    shorty headers?
    sigpic
    1989 Ford Crown Victoria

underdrives, and dual exhaust.

the 92-95 motors have crappy flowing heads and intake.
    http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
    http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Don't there is your answer. That is why I stopped doing any mods to my 2000 cause it is too damn expensive to mod. That is why I enjoy my wagon so much, CHEAP!
      2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Intake/intake manifold...and uhhh...maybe port and polish the heads, bore out the exhaust ports, etc.
        -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
        -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

I could see porting the intake a little...
          but I'll prolyl just put a nice exhaust on it and maybe some underdrives...nothing much...
          I'll save the real mods for my MAGNA
          sigpic
          1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Spinner hubcaps and skull-topped door lock activators. Maybe a big window stick that says "Crown Victoria" like all the Huonda guys do, so everyone can tell your car is a Crown Victoria without having to do that bothersome "look at the rest of the car" thing. And maybe some "Type S" seat covers, and bullet hole stickers!!! YES!!! After that, install about 15 LCD moniters and a steering wheel cover that says "Big Pimp." Don't foget the roof scoop!
            Back in the saddle again!

2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor in Unimaginative Bureaucratic Brown
            Bone stock... for now.

Comment

that's great...you forgot the fuzzy dice for the rearview mirror!
              I prolly would put some custom lock knobs on...I did that with MAGNA...but with the window tints, you cant see them...they're black dice(black cube, white dots) same as what's on the valve caps on the wheels.

as far as cosmetics...I'd prolly do some 20% window tints on the rear windows...and maybe body match those grey moldings ont he sides/bumpers to the car.
              but not much beyond that...maybe black out the vertical bars of the grille...but thats it.
              maybe put some HPPs or something on it...but that's unlikely for a DD.
              sigpic
              1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Stickers for products not used on the car......

ummm

Why are you modding your winter iron????
                1987 LTD CROWN VICTORIA, 5.0 EFI, MAGNAFLOW DUAL EXH, RED LANDAU
                FRESH AOD, 3.27 OPEN DIFF, 57K MILES, B&M SHIFT KIT AND R134A A/C

Comment

Roof scoops add 23 bhp. Remember that. You'd have to buy two Summit stickers AND an autozone spoiler to equal that much stick-on horsepower.
                  Back in the saddle again!

2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor in Unimaginative Bureaucratic Brown
                  Bone stock... for now.

Comment

:lol: stick on horsepower
                    1987 LTD CROWN VICTORIA, 5.0 EFI, MAGNAFLOW DUAL EXH, RED LANDAU
                    FRESH AOD, 3.27 OPEN DIFF, 57K MILES, B&M SHIFT KIT AND R134A A/C

Comment

well, Dan...I cant have a Panther and not mod it at all..Cmon mang!

I would at least put a nice exhaust on it...

and almost certainly some window tints...makes it a little more desirable.
                      Last edited by Mr. Land Yacht; 07-05-2007, 05:47 PM.
                      sigpic
                      1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

dual exhaust, gears, and remove the silencer trumpet thing from the air box. Don't waste your money on doing much else unless you really want to spend. The heads aren't very good, and the intake is only so-so. Upgrading the intake will get you like 10 hp or something, nothing impressive. To make any real power, you have to swap the heads and intake, and all thats good for I think 40 horsepower or something at a meager cost of about 2 grand for all the parts to do it. And thats assuming PI heads work on an early motor.
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

RIMZ, foo'!

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                          1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                          But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

:lol:
                            yea, I'd prolly just do the exhaust...I'd prolly just leave the stock gears in there for the fuel economy.
                            but I prolly will swap in a Posi Diff...and if it has 2.73s...I'd maybe put in some 3.27s.
                            sigpic
                            1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

ok.nevermind..I've decided not to get that Vic...it would not be a wise decision on my part...why buy a car with 226K on it when you could get a Box TC(in nicer colors) with 123K for less?
                              sigpic
                              1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
                              X