Police package on a wagon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Police package on a wagon?

Were there ever any factory made police wagons? I'm curious and thinking about converting my wagon to a cop car.

Thanks!
    sigpic
    Mike Pop
    Eureka, NV & Neptune, NJ
    1985 Crown Vic Fire Department Sedan: 351M, Police Package
    1984 Lincoln Town Car Roadster: Saw it's fate at the junk yard
    1987 Crown Vic Wagon: FOR SALE
    Military Vehicles: 1985 Mercedes Unimog, 1952 Jeep M38A1, 1985 Chevy CUCV M1009 Blazer

Yup, see here
    http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=16801
    Nick
    88 Colony Park LS
    G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
    Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

yezzir there were. they were pretty cool to
      -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
      -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

I saw these photos but I'm more interested in the mechanics of the police package on a wagon. Did they install the tranny cooler, oil cooler, oversize radiator and hoses, and the rear sway bars?
        sigpic
        Mike Pop
        Eureka, NV & Neptune, NJ
        1985 Crown Vic Fire Department Sedan: 351M, Police Package
        1984 Lincoln Town Car Roadster: Saw it's fate at the junk yard
        1987 Crown Vic Wagon: FOR SALE
        Military Vehicles: 1985 Mercedes Unimog, 1952 Jeep M38A1, 1985 Chevy CUCV M1009 Blazer

Comment

Out of the 9 CV wagons that I have owned, one was a white 1986 Special Services CV wagon, that used to be owned by a sheriff's department. Silicon hoses (I don't know if those were added later), giant alternator, a weird prisoner cage setup (had the standard one behind the driver's seat, and another one behind the passenger seat), rear inside door handles disconnected, holes drilled everywhere, 3.55 gears with limited slip, heavy-duty brakes, oil cooler, tranny cooler, dual exhaust, spotlight, sheriff's department sticker outlines on the doors, angled dash guages, cop car front control arms (greasable), HD front and rear sway bars...and that was the way I got it. I had 245 /60 15 front, and 275/60 15's on the rear...that car was actually fun to drive after I put an H.O. intake and TB, 5.0 HO exhaust, 3.73's and a B&M non-lockup convertor in it. Unfortunately, I 'accidentally' went through a gigantic water puddle at about 50, and hydrolocked the engine. I found the 88' CV wagon right after I killed the 302 in the 86, so I simply transferred everything to the '88.

Comment

I can't remember the website, but I once read about a police package wagon that had a standard PI 351W, tranny, oil and PS coolers, and a 4:10 TL rear, along with the angled gauges and complete PI suspension.
            Nick
            88 Colony Park LS
            G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
            Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Working...
            X