Northwest Indiana Mini 1987cp & torquelover pics/vids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Northwest Indiana Mini 1987cp & torquelover pics/vids

Met up with 1987cp (Michael) in Northwest Indiana for a late night mini-meet. We met up at a new Luke's gas Station, got some fuel and did a quick tune-up on the Vic (thanks 1987cp), did a quick drive in each other's cars, and then hit a newly developed area for some pics. Unfortunately we didn't meet up until almost midnight, and I had to work early the next morning. Had a good time and it was nice meeting another GMN member. We actually both knew the same guy that went to each one of our colleges. Small world. Some pics:

Both of us never noticed GM's front ends were longer than CV's

Some vids:

1987cp (Michael) driving my Vic. Downshift into first and...This one I find a little funny. Knew we were going a little fast, and got a very delayed response from 1987cp.
    http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/...y/media/539901

The Vic idling and a quick rev. Funny to see 1987cp cover his ears, lol. I guess I'm just used to it.
    http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/...y/media/539900
    Last edited by torquelover; 07-08-2007, 10:32 PM.

Hey, great to see the pics. That in-car video really is pretty funny. Someone'll probably think I was temporarily brain-dead ... I guess I was just shocked the car got up to 105 that fast while feeling like about 70, plus it'd been a long time since I'd driven over 90! :p Should've asked you to take a revving video of my car, but I'm sure there'll be other opportunities. My dad got a chuckle out of me coming back at 3am, since he knows I'm not much in the habit of staying out super-late.
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
      Hey, great to see the pics. That in-car video really is pretty funny. Someone'll probably think I was temporarily brain-dead ... I guess I was just shocked the car got up to 105 that fast while feeling like about 70, plus it'd been a long time since I'd driven over 90! :p Should've asked you to take a revving video of my car, but I'm sure there'll be other opportunities. My dad got a chuckle out of me coming back at 3am, since he knows I'm not much in the habit of staying out super-late.
      Yeah, the pause was weird. I was expecting you to say "We just lost all the oil pressure..." I like your quiet exhaust. Been thinking about the Walker Quiet Flows for a while. Perhaps now is the time? I forgot to pick up Dunkin' Donuts on the way home for the family and had to get partially dressed and head out again after getting home after 3 AM. I was hurting at work this morning at 7AM after going to bed at 4:30 AM. I felt like I was hung over. When we met LTDMasta, my Buddy and I got home after 5 AM. Man, I'm getting too old for this, lol. Plenty of time for more pics and vids. SF2008!!!

Comment

Nice pics!
        '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
        '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Looks like a good night!

I need to get mine road worthy....!
          -Matt
          1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

Originally posted by boXman View Post
            Nice pics!
            Thanks. There's a couple more pics once I figure out how to delete the tags. I need to learn how to use the camera better. A lot of those shots, my car would dissappear if it didn't have any chrome.

Originally posted by nitroracer View Post
            Looks like a good night!

I need to get mine road worthy....!
            Pretty cool night. Wish I wasn't so tired. We need more boxes on the road ASAP. I think we had some people pull into the gas station just to cruise by the boxes. At one point I thought a dude was going to hop into my Vic when we were over a 1987cp's car.

Comment

"will it downshift into 1st at 25??"

"you know, Ive never tried..."

Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
              sigpic
              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

:lol: Yeah, I know, it ought to do that, but mine with the lowpo governor can be temperamental about such things. I was really impressed with Grant's tranny overall - I need to either build mine up similarly or call dibs on his for when he gets around to getting a T-56.

Comment

I figured you were using that as a polite way to ask to step on it

Plus I thought TQ would be the type to rhomp it on the regular. Shows me!!!
                  Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                  'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                  sigpic
                  85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP* View Post

Well, he did claim he's had the needle on the police speedo completely buried .... :p Told me a story of blazing past his buddy's BMW while it was bouncing off its top-speed limiter around 130. Me, I'll be happy if mine goes 120, but I've not yet felt crazy enough to actually test that on the street. Might need the tranny mods to help achieve that in a semi-orderly fashion anyway. :p

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP* View Post

Yeah, I romp on it pretty much all the time. The few people who do drive my Vic do that as well. Even my Fiance, lol. It's just not possible to avoid going WOT in that thing. If you've seen my vids, you know what I mean. I just never paid attention to when my rebuilt AOD will downshift on it's own. I usually just grab 1st to insure it goes down a gear or two. Nothing worse than expecting some GO and getting SLOW when you end up in too tall a gear.

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                      Well, he did claim he's had the needle on the police speedo completely buried .... :p Told me a story of blazing past his buddy's BMW while it was bouncing off its top-speed limiter around 130. Me, I'll be happy if mine goes 120, but I've not yet felt crazy enough to actually test that on the street. Might need the tranny mods to help achieve that in a semi-orderly fashion anyway. :p
                      It was pretty crazy that morning. When he asked me how @#$@'in fast I was going at work that morning, I had to tell him I wasn't sure. The needle was pointing me to "Fasten Seatbelts" lol. Nowadays my motor is pretty tired so it's a miracle it even gets up to 100 MPH. I keep the speed down now. Getting older and having a family will do that to you, I guess. IIRC, you probably will need some tranny mods to attain more than 130 with your 3:27's. At 5000 RPM in 3rd, I think it comes out to around 127-135. You will need a shift into O/D at WOT, and the AOD internals to handle it. Oh yeah, and also the torque to pull that as well.

When it comes time to remove my trans and exhaust, as well as the 3:27's, carb, intake, etc, you guys will get first dibs.

Comment

Working...
                      X