Why must we speak this way??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why must we speak this way??

Why do some people use "mangs" and "teh"? What does it mean? Why? Thanx!
    -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
    -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

It's a GMN thing going back to when teh site was 1st started by teh pioneer Mangs. Ask GMGT, because it all predates me.
    Nick
    88 Colony Park LS
    G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
    Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Tradition!!!

Not that I would know .... not only am I fairly new myself, but I haven't fallen victim to the dementia quite yet .............
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Because it's what we do. It's a language still in the making called "manganese".
        88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
        Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Originally posted by 88Vic View Post
          Because it's what we do. It's a language still in the making called "manganese".
          Chevymang here hit the nail right on.

"Teh" is a traditional panther message board thing, started as a misspelling of "the win" but eventually stuck.

"Mang", on the other hand, has a different history. Seems it stemmed from the movie "scarface", but was called "mang" by RoastDawgg in an Instant messenger convo one night. "Mang?" I asked, and he replied "Quality word."

The rest, is history. I even call people that in real life. I'll walk up to em "Hey mang", but said real fast of course.
          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

me and friend do the whole 'teh' thing all the time. and coincidentally mang, as well.

it's just intrarweb speak haha. it's what happens you when you spend too much time on here.

boat boat boat.

Comment

Mangnese-"Hey!, Did you see that mang over there? He is teh win!"
              english-Hello, Did you see that man over there? He is pretty cool!
              YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

To make you question your sanity.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

:lol:
                  1987 LTD CROWN VICTORIA, 5.0 EFI, MAGNAFLOW DUAL EXH, RED LANDAU
                  FRESH AOD, 3.27 OPEN DIFF, 57K MILES, B&M SHIFT KIT AND R134A A/C

Comment

most of us have no sanity...thats why we have Panthers to mod and most think it is insane and stupid. yet where else do you find a 5.0 that hasnt been driven hard like in a Rustang? our language is as rare as our likes for these big Ford products
                    Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

You said it
                      YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

It is insane and stupid.

:p

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                        1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                        But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

tru dat

Comment

:morons: You most believe what this Mang say because is teh tru.

ATT, SNIPER 308.SECRETARY OF DEFENSE OF THE COMBAT PANTHERS.

MERC75-INTERCEPTOR, BORN IN 2003,DIED IN SEP/21/2010 AT 9:55AM AT THE SORT AHE OF 8 YEARS PROTECTING HIS OWNER TO DIE

Comment

Originally posted by sniper308 View Post
                              :morons: You most believe what this Mang say because is teh tru.

ATT, SNIPER 308.SECRETARY OF DEFENSE OF THE COMBAT PANTHERS.

i go along wit dat

Comment

Working...
                              X