1988 colony park help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1988 colony park help

ok well i got my license in the beginning of may and i started driving my colony park ever since then. i like my car and would like to know some easy or free ways to add horse power. can someone help me?

check out the 5.0 tech sections. lots of information there if you spend a little time looking around. check out the stickies too.
    '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
    '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

put dual exhaust with flowmasters on it... I go the same wagon - here is my readers rides thread

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=16490

Comment

New intake manifold.....uhhh new exhaust with bigger piping...and an intake...those are fairly easy and will give ya some good hp.
        -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
        -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

PIX PIX PIX

Comment

ok im gunna get new exhaust im gunna get 2.5" pipes for it. what kind of flowmasters do u have roompainter? what car could i get a better intake manifold from a junkyard? and could i just make a new intake?

here is a pic. ill get more up soon
            http://www.stationwagonforums.com/fo...pic0007fk5.jpg

Comment

Very clean wagon! Welcome, I had to check out stationwagonforums.com too. That is sweet!
              2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Originally posted by queeque View Post
                ok im gunna get new exhaust im gunna get 2.5" pipes for it. what kind of flowmasters do u have roompainter? what car could i get a better intake manifold from a junkyard? and could i just make a new intake?

here is a pic. ill get more up soon
                http://www.stationwagonforums.com/fo...pic0007fk5.jpg
                40 series flowmasters

Comment

to GMN mang. Check out Mike's(mr.ltd's) HO conversion sticky in the 5.0 tech section. That's the best performance upgrade for the money right there, and from what i've heard it's fairly easy to do with a good shop manual. Good luck with your project.
                  88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                  Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Which Flowmasters you go with probably depends mostly on the noise level you want. The original 40 Series are great, but they're really loud. It looks like the 50 Series Delta Flow is the quietest Flowmaster we can easily fit to our cars - it uses a larger case, special sound cancellation chamber, as well as a set of baffles intended to provide further sound cancellation.

It's interesting that other brands like Cherry Bomb are imitating Flowmaster's design, and the welded series of mufflers by Summit Racing are said to be a chambered design as well - ask Mr_Land_Yacht about his. And Edelbrock also has a sound-cancellation design.

For both of my cars, I went with stock-type turbo style mufflers in the stock case size (19" long) and in/out sizes to match my needs. I went with the cheaper Walker SoundFX line to save some $$$, but one of my cars will probably be receiving the nicer Walker QuietFlow mufflers at some point in the future - prices are comparable to the popular performance brands, and they're said to be really quiet.

Keep in mind that 2.5" duals are overkill for most near-stock applications. Many of us have 2.5" just because the parts are pretty readily available, but if I were to do it over again, I'd opt for 2.25" all the way back for less sound and better torque characteristics. Dynomax tailpipes PN 45902 and 45903 should work okay with some trimming. (Most guys who upgrade the whole exhaust are using '95 Impala tailpipes, but I have 2.5" Mustang tailpipes and they do work.)

A quick'n'fun induction project is to remove the stock airbox in favor of one of the cheap conical air cleaners you can get at AutoZone under Spectre or similar brands. Won't add much power, but it really cleans up the engine bay.
                    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Oh, you can remove any equipment like the smog pump to clean up the engine bay and save weight. It's not much, but every bit counts.

Also, engine upgrades aren't the only things you can do for better acceleration. Lower gears (numerically higher) help your car accelerate, they're definetly worth it. If you do a lot of highway driving, 3.27's would work well. If you do mostly city and not much highway at all, then 3.73's work great. If it's a mix of both, 3.55's work there. And I recomend a posi carrier for whichever gear ratio you choose.

Good luck with your upgrades mang.
                      88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                      Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Can't remove smog equipment if he has emissions checks/testing.
                        '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                        '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

big exhaust isnt gonna help a stock motor and is far from free

there are no free mods to speak of........i would start out by giving the engine a full tune up (plugs, wires, cap and rotor, air filter, fuel filter, pcv valve screen and gromnet, new vacuum lines, check timing, clean throttle body and run seafoam thru the intake)
                          then start moddin......dual exhaust, ho upper intake and throttle body and bored egr spacer......bump the tv pressure so it holds shifts longer.......possibilities are endless......needs bucks tho

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Great point. I neglected to mention that many of our motors are 100hp or more over stock - probably even mine. :p
                            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

PLEASE!
                              -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
                              -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

Working...
                              X