Unwanted heat comin from my lower floor air vent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unwanted heat comin from my lower floor air vent

I always have excessive amounts of heat coming from the floor vent while im driving in the summer whan its hot as hell outside.. Anyone know what the problem could be and i dont have the heat on.. When i turn on the A/C it goes away but when i turn the A/C off and start to drive i get that heat coming from the lower floor vents..
    The Best
    Past and Present Any Questions...................

sounds to me like your heater control valve is stuck open.........there under the hood attached to the heater hose
    scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I dont have to auto feature on my controls and in my heater hoses i just have the T connection... Pete told me to check all the vacumn on the blend doors well its 3 of those under the dash area amd they were all fine.l
      The Best

Comment

i would reccomend installing a bypass valve inline so you can bypass the heater core in the summer..........you will be much cooler..........i had to do this on a few of my non ac cars already
        scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Where would i get that from and how much? any pics on what it looks like?.. Also my A/C does work actually when i turn on the A/C the heat that comes off the floors stops..
          The Best

Comment

Working...
          X