Pete's tips and FAQ for Scottfest first-timers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pete's tips and FAQ for Scottfest first-timers

I just want to lay out a little info about my experiences at Scottfest and hopefully help convince some unsure folks that they indeed want to come and help other prepare...

the time frame -

come early, stay late! Scott could use some help preparing and cleaning up after the event - you just might get lucky enough to gain some of his knowledge...!!
    Even if you can only make it for one or two days, come anyway!!!

the HEAT -

I work outdoors (in the shade) for a living so it wont bother me much, but the bulk of our activities will be in non-airconditioned space. There is plently of indoor space to come in and relax for a bit, but most of the action will be outside!!!
    Be sure to bring plently of FLUIDS!!!!! particularly of the non-carbonated non-alchoholic type to stay hydrated with. There will be drinks/beer availaible during chow times where everyone pitches in, but keeping yourself hydrated in general is on yourself!!!! I plan to bring a cooler full of gatorade. If you are dying of thirst Ill sell you one for 5 dolla

Sleeping -

there is lots of camping space, and plently of floor space to throw down a sleepy bag inside the air conditioned areas, especially if skip lets us use his living room again. not a whole lot of privacy though, but dont worry we wont laugh if you wear footey PJ's

Food -

generally if everyone can pitch in a few bucks, we go buy lots of cookout stuff and grub down. We will go out to eat a couple times, fend for yourself a couple times... so bring some snackey foods and whatever you may want for yourself.
    Of course we can make trips to wal-mart and the grocery store when needed - we wont let any mang starve.

Clothes -

I found that I ran out of clean shirts pretty quick, partially from the sweat and car dirt. In 06 I even brough a couple raggy work shirts to get dirty in, but I wound up mussing the other ones too from tinkering in the good shirts...
    normall I wouldnt care except that the shirts go REALLY dirty and REALLY sweaty and it sucks to put one of those back on.
    Of couse like any trip plan for rain, bring some sunblock and bug spray...

Swap meet -

Bring ALL your spare panther parts and be ready to buy some. Usually everyone finds something somebody else has that they could use.

What the heck are we going to do all weekend???

well, picture a 4 day long car meet / field party / cookout full of your favorite cars!!!! During the 4days we are sure to : stand around bullshitting about panthers, cook out several times - go to several junkyards - have a nice panther cruise through scenic PA - check out one or more of the local tourist attractions - stand around bullshitting about panthers - get drunk and act silly - work on one or more panthers - possibly have one or more panther repair clinics, maybe using YOUR panther! - oh dont forget track day!!!!! (mind the heat and fluids) - did I mention stand around bullshitting about panthers???
    If you are the type that needs constant stimulation... you might want to bring a crossword puzzle or something... during idle time I liked to sit around and bask in the presence of such great panthers... sort of stare at them and drool a little...
    Maybe this year we can play a game of panther polo???

Did I forget anything????

You other seasoned Scottfest vetrans chime in too!!!!!!!
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

just make sure to give scott some money for the food scott does so much for us mang yeah just wake sure to bring extra clothes even though I only stayed for one day last year I was full of sweat well said scott I can't wait to see you mangs next sunday through monday

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
    302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
    k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

My tip:

Don't get drunk and go to the Coventry house!

And don't be like Petemang and encourage the drunk guy!
      Last edited by Grand Marquis GT; 07-13-2007, 07:57 PM.
      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

is the last one supposed to be a dont??? Spidermang was too much fun!!!!
        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
        sigpic
        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Ah my bad

Yeah you guys and your "Dick-Nose Funny Fuckers" lol
          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

are hotels ok? if I go next year thats what I was plannin.
            -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
            -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

sure, if you want to go be by yourself and possibly miss out on shenanigens like such
              Attached Files
              sigpic

Comment

Noo its jusy more comfortable and relaxed. Nothin against you mangs. Well my aunt and uncle live in Hershey PA and I might just stay there....I won't mind the drive to and from.
                -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
                -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP* View Post
                  sure, if you want to go be by yourself and possibly miss out on shenanigens like such
                  Too bad I was passed out from lack of rest last year. I missed all the fun.

Comment

Do NOT bring Molsen XXX to the party. EVER.

:p
                    Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                    Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

yes this is lager territory

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

and if you've never met pete, you're in for a umm, shock maybe...

let's just say his posting personna does not give a good idea as to his accent or in person personality
                        GMNRadio DJ, Podcast Co-Host
                        1984 Ford LTD Crown Victoria - Drag Car.
                        99 Ranger 2.5 - Parts hauler and Pit truck.
                        03 Mustang 3.8 Convertable - Head Gaskets fukered up
                        95 S10 93 Accord

Comment

well, typing allows me to collect my thoughts in a more organized manner before I spew them

People in my own town ask me where Im from. I dont get it....... oh I got a tent this year Matt
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X