Is it possible to install a mach 460 sound system into my tudor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to install a mach 460 sound system into my tudor

Was driving in my buddys mustang today and I always loved the sound system so I was wondering can I find all the parts and put it into the tudor cause it a great overall sound system or can somone suggest how to build an identical one.
    sigpic
    1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Uhh....yeah, you can install any audio system you want in a car, it takes some customization, but it's not that hard. However you'll likely never get the sound they get out of them. Box Panthers don't have much acoustic design in them. The speakers on newer cars tend to be supported with designing the area around it to be an enhancing enclosure. A speaker can greatly change it's output just by having a better enclosure.

Comment

Yup, and the tweeter location will be tough to do, since most panthers don't have the place that type of mirrors.
      Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Yes, our cars suck for imaging. The door speakers aren't aimed at all, the dash speakers are aimed towards the windshield. And don't even get me started on the rear fill, the car is big, rear fill is far away, you are going to hear your fronts before your rears. You can do much better than Mach 460 sound system too.

6.5" component set and a nice amp, and modding them to the doors would be plenty loud for you where you wouldn't even need speakers in the rear deck

http://www.cadencestore.com/ProductC...&idproduct=196
        Very nice budget set that will drop right in the doors no problem, and I assure you they are better than the crappy Ford JBL crap.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pioneer-TS-A6962...QQcmdZViewItem
        Rear Deck

http://cgi.ebay.com/PLANET-AUDIO-4-C...QQcmdZViewItem
        If you want cheap subwoofer solutions just send me a PM, I will gladly find you some cheap crap online like I did here.
        Amplifier for all that...

Total comes to about $180 on all that shipped. Mach460 system on eBay is going to run about that maybe a little less.

Comment

well i was thinking alpine saiyaneye all around but what would you suggest with a 300-400 budget and i want the best sound i can get
          sigpic
          1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze86Vic View Post
            Uhh....yeah, you can install any audio system you want in a car, it takes some customization, but it's not that hard. However you'll likely never get the sound they get out of them. Box Panthers don't have much acoustic design in them. The speakers on newer cars tend to be supported with designing the area around it to be an enhancing enclosure. A speaker can greatly change it's output just by having a better enclosure.
            Very good point.

Below 100hz the frequency response of most speakers is completely dependent on the speaker enclosure. Except for speakers that are designed for "free air" use. (which I don't recommend)

It's all about the box mang.....I've heard 10 inch subs in bandpass boxes that will romp any dual 15 inch front loaded box on the market.
            1987 LTD CROWN VICTORIA, 5.0 EFI, MAGNAFLOW DUAL EXH, RED LANDAU
            FRESH AOD, 3.27 OPEN DIFF, 57K MILES, B&M SHIFT KIT AND R134A A/C

Comment

Working...
            X