Teh Battlefield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teh Battlefield

I just thought that since some people don't particularly like newbs bring in teh battlefield, I think that it'd be best if you can only view it if you have the required 500 posts and if you've been here for at least 6 months. That at least gives the user time to get to know all the regulars and figure out how he/she will get along with other personalities. My
    88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
    Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

I think we should get rid of the post count requirement totally, and just use the time factor. Some people read more than they write, and will be here for a long time before they get 500 posts, whereas people who've been here for less than 6 months and have over 500 posts have usually not read anything and just mindlessly post in every thread.

Comment

Yea, what Jumbo said. Post count doesnt mean jack, gearhead has proven that...
      '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
      '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Good idea.

How long should we make them wait?
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by boXman View Post
          Yea, what Jumbo said. Post count doesnt mean jack, gearhead has proven that...
          Excuse me bud, but I don't just post to post....I am just on here a lot so there for I post a lot. Actually most of my time on here is JUST readin the threads...I figure I can learn something about these cars if I go around and read the tech threads. Not my problem if people have a problem with me and try to start shit with me because I am a "newb", even though all I am tryin to do is learn more about these cars so if I get one I can be prepared for it.
          Last edited by 87DeuceVic; 07-25-2007, 08:22 AM.
          -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
          -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

You now have to be a member for 6 months. No minimum post count anymore.

If you could already see the battlefield before, then you got lucky.

Comment

Yay, my idea wasn't half bad. I feel like I made a difference to this site. Just a small one, but noticable.

Now if I can do that more often, i'll finally feel like i'm wanted here.

Comment

Originally posted by 88Vic View Post
                Yay, my idea wasn't half bad. I feel like I made a difference to this site. Just a small one, but noticable.

Now if I can do that more often, i'll finally feel like i'm wanted here.
                I want you here.......YAY
                -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
                -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

That's one.

Comment

No one else would want your ass, might as well stick around. :p
                    '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                    '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

:lol:
                      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

OWNED

Comment

Before you put a pic of your box back up, I was more wanted than you.

Comment

and what makes you think that
                            Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                            sigpic
                            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Oh I don't know, the fact that he had a pic of a Chevy truck up, and talked about it more than his box, and once changed his name to hvychevy350. I'd say he wasn't too popular at that point. But i'm not doggin' him, he's still okay by me.

Comment

Working...
                              X