'00 Marquis Spark Plug Torque Setting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'00 Marquis Spark Plug Torque Setting

I believe the factory torque setting for spark plugs is 15 ft.lbs, but I've seen recommendations for the Ford 4.6L as high as 32 ft. lbs (blownoutsparkplug.com). I have a repair manual on order, but in the meantime any advice is greatly appreciated.

I've also read in a post NOT to use anti-seize on the threads; is that generally agreed upon and is there a specific reason?

Can anyone provide advice on these or any other tips for 100k tune up.

Thanks much!!!

The only mod motor that I know of that likes to blow out plugs for some reason is the first gen 5.4L "Triton" motors. ALWAYS use anti seize on plugs I cant stress that enough, expeically with the aluminuim heads that mod motors have.

If you fail to use anti sieze on spark plugs on motors with aluminum heads the dissimilar metals will actually start to fuse together (due to electrolysis) and will be impossible to remove. Turning a $25 dollar plug swap into at least a $2500 head swap.
    R.I.P Linsey Nelson

'04 M75-"Chocolate Rain" - mid 13 beast
    Originally posted by MeanVic84
    Chocolate Rain. Some stay dry and others feel the pain.

Comment

use anti seize very sparingly. just a small dab per plug.

my last install, i used 120 in/lbs.

2000 HPP Mods
      15.2 @ 89.13mph-1/4 mile
      9.73 @ 72.01mph-1/8 mile

Comment

Another thing dont use cheap anti-sieze go out and get the permatex jar with the brush applicator. Makes things alot eaiser
        R.I.P Linsey Nelson

'04 M75-"Chocolate Rain" - mid 13 beast
        Originally posted by MeanVic84
        Chocolate Rain. Some stay dry and others feel the pain.

Comment

Working...
        X