rockchip repair question - windshield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rockchip repair question - windshield

My fairly new windshield got a rock chip yesterday. I was able to get it in to the windshield shop today to get it fixed. Had a one year warranty to fix any rock chips for free.

I thought that when rock chips were fixed, you wouldn't even be able to tell that there was a chip there. These guys left a rough spot on there that is clearly visible and not clear at all.

Just looking for some advice here. Thanks.

-------------------
    Justin

weird...

Ive always seen the kits that repair em leve NO marks..

TAKE IT BACK. lol
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Probably had some new guy do it, because it's an old car. Don't let them fuck you over.

Kind of the same thing with my duel exhaust.

Comment

You would still be able to see where the chip was. Not possible to make it invisible. It should still be smooth though.

Comment

I guess I'm not going to worry about it too much. I've been talking with the guys over at the Ford Truck site and they've given me quite a bit of info.

I was under the assumption that the chip would be cleared better. I'll look at it again tomorrow when I get a chance. Although, the next time a windshield goes in my girl, it will be at a different shop. Only reason I went to this one is because at the time I needed it fixed cheap and they were the cheapest. Guess I got what I paid for.

------------------------
          Justin

Comment

repairs dont always come out nice..........the repair is meant to keep the chip from spreading........i had a repair done on the towncar that i'm working on, and it is better, but still noticeable
            scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

What shit luck. I got another fuckin' rock chip today while coming home from work. The city must have used gravel instead of sand during this last snow storm. :pissed:

I was able to get the car in right away at the auto glass shop to get it fixed today. Two chips in three days. Maybe I should just stay inside tomorrow. :nonono:

------------------------
              Justin

Comment

WTF? Got another rock chip today. That's three in under three weeks.

I swear this windshield is made of shit materials. I've never had chips this big happen so easily. At least I've still got time for the free repair, but I'm getting sick of this wasting my time.

------------------------
                Justin

Comment

look for made in china on the windshield.......that will give u a good idea

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                  2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                  1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                  1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                  2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                  1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Don't know where it's made, but the brand is "Lamishield".

----------------------
                    Justin

Comment

Working...
                    X