The fun begins!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fun begins!

Well it's starting to warm up here in the great white north. Most of the snow is melted away. So I pulled the LTD out of winter storage today and hauled it home!! :banana:

So now I'm going to start pulling the 255/AOD out of it and get the car ready for the 351W swap!!

I took a pic of it on the trailer behind my camper. Can anyone clue me in on how to post a pic here? :baghead: I posted a couple new pics on page 2 of my Cardomain site if you want to see them.

Nice! I'm starting to get my 2 door ready as well!

To post a pic, just get the url and put it inside these brackets: [img] [/img}. Just make that last one like the rest.. ]
    '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
    '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Thanks, your 2dr looks like it's in much better shape then mine is!!

I can't get the picture to work. Does anyone know a good picture host?

Comment

Here ya go:

'89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
        '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Thanks! I'm glad I'm better with cars then I am with computers.

Comment

1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

get rid of the pasenger side miror, lol!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
              1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
              1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
              2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
              2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

That mirror is definately going! :guns: I need to get to a salvage yard and get another stock passenger side mirror.

Comment

it prolly never came with one like mine, so leave it off, looks better, lol

Comment

my 87 wagon never had a passenger side irror either
                    Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

they were soposed to be standard in that year!lol :coocoo:

Comment

I'm going to install a stock style passenger side mirror. I like having both mirrors. It just makes it's easier to drive and looks more even. If it was just for looks I'd pull both sides. But I plan on driving this a lot so I need both mirrors.

I cut the muffler and tailpipe off my camper(donor vehicle ) yesterday. Damn does the 351W sound sweet with no exhaust!!! The LTD is going to sound awesome!!!

And then add the intake I've got.

Comment

Nice intake

I am going to be running an old holley street dominator single plane that I bought from scott...
                          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

schweeet.

on the exhaust, i've always wanted to hear a 460 or a 429scj run open headers
                            Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Running the single plane intake will give up some low end torque but you'll love the top end. I've ran Edelbrock Performer RPM intakes in the past and really liked them. So I wanted to run the new air gap RPM intake but I stumbled across this Stealth intake on Ebay. It's brand new and saved me about $40 off the price of a new one from Summit or Jeg's. And it had free shipping so I didn't want to pass it up. So now I've got the intake but I still don't have the oil pan I need.

I had an old 4x4 F150 that I swapped a 429 into. I fired it up with just headers, It sounded just plain wicked!! Right now my neighbors just love me. I like firing up my camper and revving it a few times just to hear it. :headbang:

Comment

Working...
                              X