Superchip recommended

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Superchip recommended

I finally put a superchip on my marquis and boy oh boy can i tell the difference.

I was toying with the power and ratio setup on it and holy cow i noticed so much more torch and horsepower.

I'd recomend this product to anyone.

If you or anyone you know would like this done to your 4.6 mid model let me know ill be happy to do so for around 50-100 bucks depending on the vehicle.(any custom shop wants 400-500 bucks to do so)

i was throwing about 290 rwhp before and afterwards im pulling much more. (i also am running a 50 shot of nitros) but i can deffinatly tell.

let me know if you have any questions and ill try and answer them.

what exactly is it and where does it go?
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

its an independant unit that reconfigures your PCM.. also fortunatly it can be changed to stock specs if needed as well.

Alls it does is hooks up to the pcm port and from there its tunning and then testing...

then wala your all set.

Comment

only problem i have with mine is with the extra power my trans slips lol
        GMNRadio DJ, Podcast Co-Host
        1984 Ford LTD Crown Victoria - Drag Car.
        99 Ranger 2.5 - Parts hauler and Pit truck.
        03 Mustang 3.8 Convertable - Head Gaskets fukered up
        95 S10 93 Accord

Comment

My 2nd gear slipped with all my addons but i just changed my ratios with it and also changed my rev limiter to cut out before it slipped.

Unless what your saying is your tanny is SLIPPING because of a bad transmission.

Comment

lookin for engine mod ideas. HELP

Comment

what do you need to know and what year and engine is it?

Comment

im new so bear wit me. got a 1984 302 5.0 V8. just changed out the valve cover gaskets, wires as well as plugs for now. 130,000 miles only paid 450 cash

Comment

well.. there are about 3000000 things you can do to it so you need to figure a price range... and if you going to do anything at all you should at least have a few hundred bucks to start at least the depends on what you wanna do.

to me it sounds like a beater car..

but without actually seeing it or knowing its mechanical aptitude or durability i cannot really answer this question.

Comment

i could see how it sounds like a beater car for only payin 450.
                    1. 8mm accel wires
                    2. valve cover gaskets
                    3. bosh plati plus plugs
                    4, amsoil synthetic oil
                    things i have done as of right now

Comment

well you could put bigger heads with larger cams for a start.. a stroker kit with 2200+ stall convertors if available. You can have it port and polished with new rear end gear and transmission if needed. You can upgrade the intake as well as a dry nitros kit. remove all unnessicary weight in the vehicle. get an igntion system with more spark... high fuel input is always a plus.

just for that your looking at a few thousand at best.

Comment

84 Grandma, welcome to GMN. You may find the 5.0/5.8 section to be more helpful to you.

Also, make a thread in the Readers Rides section when you have the time, so we'll know what you're working with. People are going to hound you for pictures too, because nobody around here can get enough box.

Comment

Originally posted by 97marquismuscle View Post
                          My 2nd gear slipped with all my addons but i just changed my ratios with it and also changed my rev limiter to cut out before it slipped.

Unless what your saying is your tanny is SLIPPING because of a bad transmission.
                          exactly, i've got a "loose" tranny

I've got hard part wear on the 1-2 accumulator (most likely the seal) and also something slipping on 2-3 when i run the higher octane tune.

That's all at WOT for the slippage, lower rpms it shifts nice and firm

i'm currently looking for 2 cheap 4r70w's. one to rebuild for my aero, one to gut for my box for a wide ration aod
                          Last edited by seneeb; 08-22-2007, 05:59 PM.
                          GMNRadio DJ, Podcast Co-Host
                          1984 Ford LTD Crown Victoria - Drag Car.
                          99 Ranger 2.5 - Parts hauler and Pit truck.
                          03 Mustang 3.8 Convertable - Head Gaskets fukered up
                          95 S10 93 Accord

Comment

Working...
                          X