Allow me to introduce myself.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allow me to introduce myself.

Hey folks, my name is Scott. I'm 22 and I'm from Maryland. I bought a 2007 Grand Marquis back in June.

I'm kind of hooked on these cars. For a long time when I was a kid, (maybe I still am a kid) my mom had a 1987 Grand Marquis. Then in 1997 my mom got a new one (97), my older sister bought a 95 a year later when she got her license, and I bought a 96 when I got mine. Back in March, my fiancee was looking for a used car and bought a 1997 GM at my insistence. (she loves it now)

Hopefully some of you can help me figure out some ways to modify my new car. Don't have nearly the automotive knowledge that a lot of you guys probably posses. Hope you'll share it. The most work I've ever performed on a has been oil changes, brakes, and of course I know how to replace a window regulator...anyway that's my introduction.

to GMN!!!

You have a great platform for simple bolt-on mods!
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Comment

sigpic
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2681604 --- http://www.supermotors.net/17596

Comment

Hi There!
          YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

welcome mang where in maryland are you In damascus near baltimore

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
            302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
            k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Howdy!

I'm also in Maryland...So now there are two Scott's from Maryland...This ought to get real confusing!

sigpic
              - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

I'm also in MD

Some easy and effective mod's I recommend for your year:

Dual exhaust if not already equipped
                2004+ CVPI airbox/MAF and 2006 CVPI zip tube - along with a PCM reflasher from www.blueovalchips.com for it
                3.55 rear gears and a traction-lok (if you have dual exhaust, you probably already have 3.27s in which case you can skip that)

That will make the car much more fun to drive and is a nice start. If you want better handling right away I recommend some ADDCO swaybars.

I'm very well-versed on the 92+ panthers, so if you have any questions feel free to PM me!
                -My Homepage, Panther info & FAQs-
                My Mint 96' Mercury Grand Marquis LSE -
                Modifications
                Click My Merc for more Pics!

Comment

Welcome!
                  Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                  Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Welcome to GMN man! It's good to have you here, we don't have many '03+ owners on here.
                    Nick
                    88 Colony Park LS
                    G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                    Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

welcome to gmn.......i'm scott too!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

to GMN!

Comment

I hope you'll find, as I have, that folks here are pretty friendly and almost always willing to share tech info. There are also a few here who seem to know a reasonable amount about the 4.6L Modular motors. If you haven't already, you may also want to visit CrownVic.net since they have more 4.6 guys, but we're typically a much cooler gang to hang out with online.
                          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Thanks for the welcome guys.

I live and work in Rockville - don't see many GM's around this area, especially not the older stuff which I do appreciate.

Comment

Originally posted by drock96marquis View Post
                              I'm also in MD

Some easy and effective mod's I recommend for your year:

Dual exhaust if not already equipped
                              2004+ CVPI airbox/MAF and 2006 CVPI zip tube - along with a PCM reflasher from www.blueovalchips.com for it
                              3.55 rear gears and a traction-lok (if you have dual exhaust, you probably already have 3.27s in which case you can skip that)

That will make the car much more fun to drive and is a nice start. If you want better handling right away I recommend some ADDCO swaybars.

I'm very well-versed on the 92+ panthers, so if you have any questions feel free to PM me!

At least one person knows the newer cars....

Welcome, there are a few modded newer panthers around MD. Not too far from rockville.
                              Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Working...
                              X