Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Editing Posts in Reader's Rides Threads...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Editing Posts in Reader's Rides Threads...

I don't know if the software even allows this or not, but would it be possible to allow users to edit their posts in only one thread (i.e., their RR thread)? Just seems like it might be nice to be able to do that so they can go back and tweak things, just like they do on their CarDomain pages.

Just a humble suggestion from a humble member.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Never could figure out how to do that while I was admin. I don't think this software can handle that kind of regulation without some additional packages.

Comment

I think we as admins can merge posts, but I don't know of a way to allow users to do that in any way that wouldn't be an administrative nightmare. Only way I can think of would be to create a custom user group for each user, and somehow figure out how to grant admin rights over one specific thread, which I don't think is even possible in the software. Possibly some addition can do it. If you find anything suitable for vBulletin 3.6 let me know and I'll give it a look. Perhaps we can make a section more like cardomain for reader's rides within the site instead of having threads directly on the forum for it.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
      X