i need transmission help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i need transmission help

Ok so as you probally all have seen on my video's my second gear is really fricken slow at shifting.

I was wondering if there is anything i can do to improve me quater time and help that transmission lag shit.

i need prices too so any help would be awesome.

thanks

Look to spend about 3K on a rebuild and a good converter. That shift is a sign of a wasted trans.
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

There is a "Jerry's build" sheet on the TCCOA (thunderbird and cougar club of America) forums for 4R70W's. Uses a lot of Lincoln MK 8 components, makes for an almost-bulletproof 4R70W. I would just dig up the site info, but the guy who owns it is a crook, having screwed their forum members out of a couple of raffle prizes (spent money on tickets, prizes never given out, retards don't care). Good tranny info, however, Jerry's shift kit kicks ass, the TransGo 4R70W shift kit simply melts the transmission.

Comment

A decent shop will rebuild your 4R70W for around 1200, that may or may not include a converter. You should get a converter anyways. Get one with a little more stall and it'll accelerate better, but make sure to retain lock-up functionality for mileage. I would suggest that you get a shift kit for it or something.

Comment

I was looking at stuff in B&M s web site and Art Carrs
          Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

I had a badass 4R70W built for the old thunderbird, it is still laying pretty hard rubber on shifts.

That's what you need.
            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Working...
            X