X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stereo fuse?

ok thanks ahead of time guys!

today I thought I would install a new stereo in the cp,

forgot the key was in the ignition and turned on - duh - so when I started clipping wires from the wiring harness a little spark... now I got no power from the power wire - and no fuse box under the dash!!!!

Im sure this has been covered but I cant find it, other than the threads of people converting the links to fuse boxes...

is there a fuse link for the stereo? where is it?

should I just rewire the whole system?
    dont want to do that now though - just want some tunes.

please help!!!

if it's anything like my car. it's hidden behind the trim panel under the steering column.

Comment

drop the panel, a couple of screws and you'll see it.

Comment

Originally posted by roompainter View Post
        today I thought I would install a new stereo in the cp,
        I had the same idea, except I disconnected the battery first.
        **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
        **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
        **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
        **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
          if it's anything like my car. it's hidden behind the trim panel under the steering column.
          what kind of fuse is it?

Comment

I think it's a red one 10. I'm not sure of which position it was. Maybe position 15? Not sure. If you don't care, you could replace all the 10 amp fuses under there. Sorry I can't be more specific.

Comment

I also second the fact that its a 10 amp fuse. Thats what i remember changing in my old car. Thats also what my new radio had in the back too. I'd change the 10 amp one that looks burned out.
              **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
              **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
              **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
              **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

actually, when mine blew, it didn't look burned out. But it was. Sorry I don't have a fuse diagram.

Comment

well... got the radio in and am using the factory amp

it sounds ... ok

need a big thumpin subwoofer though

thanks for your help guys!

Comment

glad you go it worked out...... how close to VA are you???
                    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                    sigpic
                    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by roompainter View Post
                      well... got the radio in and am using the factory amp

it sounds ... ok

need a big thumpin subwoofer though

thanks for your help guys!
                      You're welcome mang! Glad to hear everything is all ok now.

Comment

Working...
                      X