{FUEL/EXHAUST}Fuel Evap Emission Control System:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

{FUEL/EXHAUST}Fuel Evap Emission Control System:

I was just looking my engine bay over and discovered that the solenoid was disconnected. I plugged it back in, but is there a reason that it may have been un-plugged? I mean, someone would have had to intentionally remove it. Any damage to leave it unplugged? As a related (or un-related) note, I am still unable to locate my PCV valve. I know that it is on top/under the intake, but I just cannot get my bigassed hand through to it. Is there a hose coming off the top of it that I can use as a reference for its' location? Sounds stupid I know. Thanks :coocoo:

on my 91 5.0, the PCV is on the back side of the intake, way back there, towards the driver side, with a 5/8"(?) hose connected to the top. you cant see the thing, and barely feel it. its a bitch. good luck.

grand_marquis_gt: "Wow dude, you got the GMGT sedan!"

there, now im cool too

Comment

Lay on top of the intake and look straight down. Thats the best way I've found to locate it.

And which solenoid was disconnected? There are several of them.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

the solenoid is on the fuel vapor return line right before the carbon canister.

Comment

your talkin about the purge solinoid!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Working...
          X