I removed the vinyl roof today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I removed the vinyl roof today

I had a little free time today so I removed the vinyl roof on my LTD. I also pulled all the wheel well trim, rocker panel trim and side moldings. I also removed the cheap passenger side mirror.

looks good, buddy :thumbsup:

Ive done this before, its NOT fun....but soon im gonna do it to GMGT...
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Thanks, I've got it a little easier then you since my LTD doesn't have the side lights. So no big gaping holes to fill. But I'm going to have to break out DA sander and remove all the adhesive. Then bring out the MIG welder and weld up all the little holes from the trim. And I need to remove all the factory filler from the seams and redo it with some good filler. But I'm hoping it will look much smoother and cleaner without the vinyl roof.

Comment

cool! looks like you are getting alot done fast!
        i'm gonna take the lazy mans way out........gonna have a new top installed, and definitely not white!
        scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I'm just doing the stuff that doesn't cost any $$ right now. My budget is a little tight right now :cry: It would have definately been easier to leave the vinyl top on. It was in great shape. I just don't really care for them on my cars. And by making more work for myself I don't get bored.

Comment

How does that chrome trim around the vinyl pop off? Is it just clipped on?

----------------------
            Justin

Comment

Yea it's just held on with some clips. Since I wasn't worried about reusing the trim I just used a screw driver to pop it off. But I'm sure there is a trim tool to remove it the right way.:hacksaw:

Comment

you all know whats coming!!!
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

What, more broken pic links?
                  Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                  Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

yea and i see nothing
                    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Well the subject of a slicktop conversion is ALWAYS a good one.
                      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

maybe he took the pics down some time over the last 4 years?
                        1989 Grand Marquis GS

Comment

Working...
                        X