intake repalcement 98 4.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

intake repalcement 98 4.6

ok i got a new intake and put this sucker on right when i got home from work, it was a little more involved than i thought, but not to bad, everything came off and went back on just like it should. I started it and let it run up to normal temp, it idiles fine real smooth just like a 4.6 should but when I rev it up, it feels and sounds like its missing or something. Ok my question is how do I tell if its the coil packs not making good contact with the plugs or the injectors not sealing, or something i'm not thinking off. I have no check engine light, all the vacume lines are properly connected, every thing looks good. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. If nothing elts I will just take the fuel rails and coil packs off agian and re install them.

Well if the injectors aren't sealing good then you will have gas coming out from the seals.

Comment

didn't think of that, no fuel or fumes, must be the boots to the coil packs. When i changed the plugs a couple weeks ago i got a miss fire. Them boots are little bitches they have to be put in just right, i ended up instaling the boots first and then i put the coil pack and spring to the boot, i should of done the same this time, but i got lazy. thanks for the help

Comment

hold on, changing

is it happening in neutral?

i just did my intake on the aero thursday night and had an oh shit moment wheni was revving it up and it hit the neutral rpm limiter, thought it was a bank wide miss, then i realized the limiter
        GMNRadio DJ, Podcast Co-Host
        1984 Ford LTD Crown Victoria - Drag Car.
        99 Ranger 2.5 - Parts hauler and Pit truck.
        03 Mustang 3.8 Convertable - Head Gaskets fukered up
        95 S10 93 Accord

Comment

Working...
        X