My 86' Grand Marquis LS coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 86' Grand Marquis LS coupe

Just registered as a new member on the site. Glad to see that a site like this exists. The car is a 1986 Canadian produced Grand Marquis LS coupe. The exterior color is Medium Shadow Blue. The interior is Midnight blue with velour surfaces. She has 78,000 original miles and has been in my family since purchased. The car's name is "Big Blue." Comments are welcomed.
    [/url] http://photos.yahoo.com/leo76830
    sigpic
    1986 Grand Marquis LS 2 Door
    Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

welcome! thats a beautiful car! and welcome to the 2-door club!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Thanks, She needs a lot of work. Right now i am using her for school and work which i dislike but what can you do. I am planning on doing a complete restoration but it will be awhile. For the time being i am just focusing on keeping it clean and mechanically sound.
      sigpic
      Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

Comment

Nice Merk! Welcome to GMN.
        '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
        '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Velkomen!
          2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

nice tudor! welcome to GMN!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Nice car man, and welcome to GMN!
              Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
              Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

sweet car and welcome!
                Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

I see you finally made it over....

and DAMN, that car is clean! me likey!

thanks for signing up!
                  1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                  Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Curren Work

Thanks for all the comments. I just wanted to let everyone know about some of the work i have done recently on the car and some future jobs. The list is below. Car pics[/url] http://photos.yahoo.com/leo76830

1. Full undercoating
                    2. New front shocks (KYB)/ New rear shocks (monroe sensetrac coil assist)
                    3. Front brakes done and added performance friction pads
                    4. Tail light leaking repaired
                    5. New timing chain
                    6. Head gasket replaced
                    7. Trans service performed
                    8. New PCV valve
                    9. New O2 sensors
                    10. New exhaust (2 cats instead of four w/o air tubes connected. Added H-pipe for dual).
                    11. Pitman arm replaced
                    12. tire alignment
                    13. Four new tires. (Goodyear Aqutread III)
                    14. New fuel filter
                    15. Replaced headlights (Sylvania Silverstars)
                    16. And the usual oil changes. ( Use STP fuel injector cleaner, Mobil One full synthertic, Motorcraft oil filter, and occasional Lucas treatment)
                    17. Motor mounts replaced
                    18. Installed electronic flasher

*Some things I'm planning to do:
                    1. repair power windows, passenger one is already dead
                    2. tune-up (plugs, wires are new, and add K&N air filter)
                    3. Fix door leaks. (Believe to be caused by weatherstripping)
                    4. Fix trunk leaks
                    5. Replace drivers seat belt retractor (broken for years).
                    6. Possibly replace alternator
                    7. Repair A/C. (already converted to from R12)

There is much more I am planning to do. From the pictures you may have seen the car needs a serious repaint as well as other things. I'd also like to make sure everything is working like it should. Also, has anyone had any leak issues with thier tudor?
                    sigpic

Comment

nice start! hope to see your car at scottfest!
                      scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

on my 2door, the driverside weatherstrip leaks a tiny bit when its raining hard.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Sweet!

OH yeah, the channel weatherstripping, you can get it new... I still have to get motivated and do my pass side one lol...
                          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Working...
                          X