Rut roh - electrical issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rut roh - electrical issue

95 p73, i went to go back it out, cat was underneath, and i saw him fly out. I hit brakes, and i hear BUUUUZ, and car died. I go WTH. Car wont start. I go pop the hood, and the battery terminal seemed a bit loose, so i tightened things up, everythings alright.

Go to start it - nuttin.

I finally hit the remote start for shits and giggles, and BAM, it starts.

I know the remote start was installed half assed, but i went ahead and started checking all my voltages with a MM, and everything seemed normal. I DID toast my 12v accessory fuse somehow, but ive done that a few times by dropping coins into the godforsaken cig lighter.

Now, how hard is it to get rid of the damn remote starter, as i am SICK of it and would rather have a decent alarm on the car WITH a remote start that is properly wired.

I DO wonder if one of the terminals managed to short with that halfassed battery bracket of mine. All i know is that the remote start SEEMS like it made that noise, since it makes a similar noise everytime i start it.

I know it drains the battery and does not use the alt. When i start it with that godforsaken thing.

Also, where would this thing be located, as i know the cars history sorta for this, it went

RKE
    Alarm
    Remote Start W/O alarm because owner lost remote and it started to go off randomly on old alarm

Now, where would be a good place to check for that alt. issue.

I remember reading on p71 interceptor about alot of installers FUBARing it because they dont know how to run some wire up to the dash voltmeter or ABS light (But i dont have ABS?)

I disconnected the receiver for the thing as i have walked out to the car 2 times sitting there running, when ive had the keys and it is impossible to start it.
Working...
X