running exhaust tips out the bumper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

running exhaust tips out the bumper

i had a crazy idea. how would a box, say a 79-87 vic look with marauder tips thru the back bumper? i think it would clean up the back end of the car a bit and look classy. anyone want to try photochopping this idea?
    Save a seal, club a liberal.

Just put something around the hole, like the door edge guard stuff. Else it will rust to shit.
    '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
    '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

good point

edit. i goofed and put this in teh cfi forum. whoopsie. i fixed it

Comment

What about those rectangle-shaped tips in the bumper? I'm not sure how the round ones would look. Neat idea, though.

---------------------
        Justin

Comment

that just gave me an idea. the box tc's rear bumpers are for the most part identical to the 79-87 cv/gm back bumpers. excpet the older tc's((like justin's) the backup lights are in the bumper. hmmmmm......................

Comment

the hard part would be getting tips to fit those holes and routing the pipes but hmmm

Comment

That would look sweet.

------------------
              Justin

Comment

I was gonna do this before with rain caps to keep the water out of my pipes if i stalled it in the water. The only problem i see is the massive rattle of the pipes against the bumper. If you can fix that id do it.
                1989 Grand Marquis LS
                flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

Mustang GTs did it in the early 90s. See how they did it

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06 (you will be missed)

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno
                    Mustang GTs did it in the early 90s. See how they did it
                    they had body kits and plastic bumpers, lol

thats cool idea with the TC bumper... you can get tips in any shape, hard part would be mouting them exactly so they dont rattle
                    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                    sigpic
                    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

i wonder if i could get a small rubber strip to go around the hole

my other question is would there be any performance loss routing the pipes like that. i know i'm gonna have to use 90 degree bends and shit

Comment

Working...
                      X