Carolina Auto Salvage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carolina Auto Salvage

I thought I'd bring the digicam to the junkyard today while I went out on my crucial parts run (to get my Box running again),and contribute to this section a little.

These are from Carolina Auto Salvage U-Pull-It located in Rock Hill,SC.Overall a Massive yard with more than you could ever see in one day.I like it because they don't stack the cars here,and they always leave enough room in betwwen the cars to be able to work.It is deserted most of the time,and I have had some of my most peaceful times in life out there before,by myself just wrenching on some old Beater They keep there stock here forever,so if I miss something the first time,I can go back for it a few months later,and it will still be there.

I did'nt have enough time to capture all the classics here,so I just got my favs,all Ford Products of course. In chronological order: Enjoy!

1 .68 Galaxie I would take it home as is.

2. 68 Galaxie 500

3. 71 LTD I want one.

4. 72 Monteray Good God,Look at this beast!!!

5. 73 Thunderbird

6. 75 Continental Mark IV Still has the Original 460 BB in it.

7. 75 Monarch

8. 76 Ranchero Has a 351M still in it.

9. 79 Thunderbird "Town Landau" First time I have ever seen one of these.

10. 79 Towncar OMFG I am in Love!!!!

11.81 Zepher

12. 85 LTD Crown Vic P72 This one donated it's rear sway bar to murphmobile2's Box.This PI also has a 85 mph speedo for some reason.

13. 85 Towncar SS

14. 86 Grand Marquis LS This one has been scavanged more than any box I have ever seen before,allmost everything is gone,you don't even wanna see the DS of the car.It donated it's 86 Dual heater pipe,PS power seat assembly,DS Black rocker trim,and both vinyl top rear door trim pieces to my Box.RIP

15. 86 Towncar Way,Way,too nice too be here........

16. 87 LTD Crown Vic P72 Donated it's damn near NOS condition Rear Sway Bar to my Box.

17. 88 Towncar SS

18. 88 Towncar SS Donated it's Power Antenna/Wiring to my Box.

19. 90 Towncar About 1 of 8 It's Lopo was on the ground behind it,swiped the EGR Spacer.

20. 91 Grand Marquis LS Mint Aluminium Driveshaft was inside,will not fit on my Box though.

21. Unknown Year Baby LTD?

Nice pictures!

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

That last car is a 81-82 Granada, fox based.

Nice selection of big fords, Im itchin to check out a new junkyard I found and see what they have.
      -Matt
      1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

I really like those pics... love that Galaxie for the first pic tho!!

I even know who my donor car was now lol.
        1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
        1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
        1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

21 is a fox granada

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

very nice pics

Comment

Great pics! I bet that 87 p72 was a looker back in the day with that shade of blue.
              2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Yea,that was a nice shade of blue on that 87.Also forgot to mention that I have the Trunklid off of that 87 P72,on my box.

You wouldn't believe how thick they laid down the blue on that car.I had a helluva time grinding off probably a 1/4in of paint off the lid,before I could lay down the beige thats on it now.The trunklid itself was in excellent shape though.

Comment

COOL PICS I like

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                  302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                  k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

nice pics! I had a 81 granada once

Comment

Great pics!

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
                      1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
                      1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

I think just about all the police boxes are dead and gone around here. Haven't seen one around for ages.
                        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Yea,strangely enough this place always gets the more rare 83-87 PI's,instead of the more common 88-91 PI's.These are probably the 7th or 8th ones I have seen at this place in the last 1 1/2yrs.Next I'm going to hit up the massive u-pull-it yard near Lincolnton,NC and see what hidden treasures they have there.

Comment

i see an old ford EXP IN pic #7

Comment

Just went back today,and they had went on a crushing spree in the old fords sections.Everything you see here is now gone.Crushed into a cube,and shipped off to be melted down and made into some cheap Japanese toy.

On the good side,this means that they are gonna be getting more old fords in to take their place.I'm hoping to have many more PI Rear Sway Bars,and 140mph speedos for you mangs.

Comment

Working...
                              X