Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dumb Question...

Hey everybody-
    I am not a Ford guy but i bought a 1986 Ford Crown Vic LX about a month and I was wondering is Panther the platform name for Grand Marquis, Crown Vic, Towncar, etc.? I figured as much but I want to know for sure. As for the Vic, I'm impressed with it. It's the best Ford I have ever driven. Thank you!
    1963 Oldsmobile Dynamic 88 Holiday
    1964 Chrysler Newport
    1986 Ford LTD Crown Victoria LX
    1997 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor
    sigpic

You got it on the first shot. Panther is the name for the Crown vic, Grand Marquis, and Towncar 1979-present...

to GMN!
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Yeah I thought so. Kinda like Fox is for Mustangs.
      1964 Chrysler Newport
      sigpic

Comment

yup and
        sigpic
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2681604 --- http://www.supermotors.net/17596

Comment

Yes, Ford likes the animal names and GM likes the alphabet. Beautiful car and welcome to GMN.
          sigpic
          1986 Grand Marquis LS 2 Door
          Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

Comment

You're gonna have fun here. What's in that thing, anyway?
            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeast86 View Post
              Hey everybody-
              I am not a Ford guy but i bought a 1986 Ford Crown Vic LX about a month and I was wondering is Panther the platform name for Grand Marquis, Crown Vic, Towncar, etc.? I figured as much but I want to know for sure. As for the Vic, I'm impressed with it. It's the best Ford I have ever driven. Thank you!
              Welcome to GMN. Hey! You got it right away. Lol. Nice Vic! Where are you from?

Comment

Originally posted by 86GmLsCoupe View Post
                Yes, Ford likes the animal names and GM likes the alphabet. Beautiful car and welcome to GMN.
                Yeah Mopar does too.
                1964 Chrysler Newport
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                  Welcome to GMN. Hey! You got it right away. Lol. Nice Vic! Where are you from?
                  I'm from Greeneville, TN. Lol my Vic has a 302 in it.
                  1964 Chrysler Newport
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT View Post
                    You got it on the first shot. Panther is the name for the Crown vic, Grand Marquis, and Towncar 1979-present...

to GMN!
                    I'm just nit-picking, here, but panther is the name for Crown Vic and Grand Marquis '79-present, and Town Car '80-present. '79 Town Cars were still on the larger chassis. Also, don't forget Mercury Marauders '03-'05!

And I'm not sure if I already said so or not, but welcome!

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MN View Post
                      I'm just nit-picking, here, but panther is the name for Crown Vic and Grand Marquis '79-present, and Town Car '80-present. '79 Town Cars were still on the larger chassis. Also, don't forget Mercury Marauders '03-'05!

And I'm not sure if I already said so or not, but welcome!

Well, if you're going to nitpick that much, you'd better also mention the Panther-chassis Mark VI!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                        Well, if you're going to nitpick that much, you'd better also mention the Panther-chassis Mark VI!
                        really? Pics? Still learning. Lol. Next thing you'll tell me is that there's a Mustang on the panther frame.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                          really? Pics? Still learning. Lol. Next thing you'll tell me is that there's a Mustang on the panther frame.
                          Just take a walk through the Reader's Rides forum. They're in the minority, but they're around.

For starters, here's marquisman's '80 Givenchy.......

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                            1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                            But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

oh yes... dont forget the ultra magnum super pimp version of the towncar...
                              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                              sigpic
                              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Working...
                              X