New to the site...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to the site...

Whats up, Just found the site and decided to join.

I just bought my 3rd box (2nd merc, the first was a CV)

I bought this car from a junk yard, for $400.

The crazy part is, the car has NO rust anywhere!! Under the car is spotless, the frame and springs still have the stickers on them from the factory, even the cover on the rear is clean.

The worst part about the car was that the seats were a little fadded, so ive stripped the interior out, and i am replacing it with all grey interior.

I will be doing the rear disc conv. and a few other things to the suspention, then after thats done, im going to be building a motor for it.

Very clean for a junkyard find. Very clean period lol. to GMN!! Enjoy your stay. By that I mean, you will never be able to leave :p .

Comment

Looks like a very clean find. It'll be fun to watch its metamorphosis into something even cooler!
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Nice car,

Welcome to GMN!!!!
        1987 LTD CROWN VICTORIA, 5.0 EFI, MAGNAFLOW DUAL EXH, RED LANDAU
        FRESH AOD, 3.27 OPEN DIFF, 57K MILES, B&M SHIFT KIT AND R134A A/C

Comment

thanks fellas

Comment

Welcome! Very nice car you have there!
            2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

i wish we could buy cars from the junker up here iv seen some nice jems go through

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
              1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
              1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
              2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
              2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

nice mang welcome

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                  i wish we could buy cars from the junker up here iv seen some nice jems go through
                  yea, the guy actually had the title to it.

Comment

Yea, i dont know why the people took it to the junk yard. It runs and drives, doesnt smoke, shifts fine, I dunno. But im going to fix it back up, repaint it, and redo the interior.

Where is the cheapest place to get carpet?

Also, i need the two side peices in the rear by the rear window.

Comment

Over here they keep the title's to the car's locked up until it gets shredded then the title gets wiped off the recored then destroyed....as though it never existed.....

Nice find though
                      YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

The little side window's?
                        YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

the pieces behind the rear seat. When I tried removing the piece where the speaker grilles are in the rear deck it hit the side pieces and tore the fabric. I will take pictures of it so you will know what im talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by GilroyRacing View Post
                            Where is the cheapest place to get carpet?
                            I'm actually messing with some carpet right now. There's some info in this thread:

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...ghlight=carpet

Stuff I've got was on eBay for 85 bucks (guy made it for a customer who gave him a deposit but never picked it up), but I'm guessing maybe the molding job wasn't as good as some (or maybe got messed up during shipping) because I'm spending plenty of time with a steam iron trying to get it to lay down against the floorboards.
                            Last edited by 1987cp; 10-13-2007, 08:53 PM.
                            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

welcome to gmn!!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Working...
                              X